Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just got a new pt145, went to range to shoot and the dang mag drops out after every shot. im no gun smith but think its and problem. any suggestions or help to fix this ?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the PT145! The PT145 comes with 2 magazines, did the mag dropping problem happen with both mags?

·
Registered
8,801 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes with both mags and i have read all of the post on the terrible daay at range. Im not gun smith and this is my first hand gun so still learning parts of gun. Id try swapping the release but dont know the first step lol.. i just sent it back to taurus today to see if they can fix it. was thinking part of the release was messed up like missing a peice of metal by looking at it. not sure thanks for your help

·
Registered
676 Posts
As with any Taurus issue that gets sent back to be fixed. Keep us informed of the process, please. Customer Service is the backbone of any company. What they found to be the issue, what they did to fix the issue and how long did it take. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i had the same problem with my pt140. ask about it on here and some one said to call taurus customer service and they sent me a new mag release button and spring for freeand i just youtubed it and figured out how to put it in. took my ccw with it today and mag didnt drop onc

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. Fortunately I bought it from Cabelas who are one of the few places I know of that will take a gun back. I exchanged it for another and the replacement has been perfect. Great guns really - I have them in 9mm and .45. I expect Taurus will fix you up and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It could be a mechanical problem with the mag release button. But when I first started shooting my Mil Pro 745, I held the gun with my right hand. My thumb was directly over the mag release button. The recoil was causing my thumb to hit the release causing the mag to fall out. Sometimes it is just a simple matter of how you hold the gun.
Good shooting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts