Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, I took my new PT145 to the range today to run another 100 rounds through her. I love this pistol. (Here comes the however). However, the friggin magazine kept falling out by itself after the first round was fired. My PT145 did this the 1st time I went to the range, but I thought it was my thumb hitting the release. This time I made sure to hold my thumb out away from the grip. I tried both magazines with the same results. When I would hold the magazine in with my pinky underneath, the PT145 was absolutely flawless. All 100 rounds went POW!! Even with WWB el cheapo ammo. I noticed when I would insert the mag that the click into the handle was very soft. Not really necessary to whack the thing to seat it. I also noticed that you barely had to hit the release to drop the mags. When I got home to clean the pistol, I started fiddling with one of the mags and used a screw driver to pry open the catch slot on the magazine a little. Now when I insert the mag either loaded or unloaded the click into place is a little more agressive and sounds solid now. I also have to give it a slight whack on the bottom and now when it clicks in it feels like it is locked in properly. Hit the release and it drops nice too, it is not snagging at all on the inside of the grip. I also looked at the mag catch/release inside the grip and it looks good. The spring tension feels fine. What do you guys think? Does she need to go to Miami or maybe new mags, or at least 1 new mag, I don't know if they will replace the one I screwed around with. And luckily I am here in Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe I can hand deliver to Taurus in Miami, if not the dealer I bought the gun from will send it in.

Can this part be adjusted by a regular guy, or is this something I should have Taurus or a qualified Gun Smith to do? I am really trying to avoid sending back a gun that is only 1 month old.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My PT745 started doing the same thing. I didn't try to fix it but sent it straight back to Taurus.

Took eight weeks to get back, they'd adjusted the mag release, and it worked fine after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts