Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to thank Draeger for the great post on how to remove the Mag release/catch.  I can do it in 3 minutes now blind folded.  Since I am still waiting for Taurus to mail me the new catch, I figured I would mess with the one I have.  I first removed the Mag Release from the frame and broke out the old dremel.  I took some material off of the catch on the inside.  There is a little lip there that stops the Mag release from going too far left or too far to the right.  I tweaked it little by little and now the Mag Release is protruding a little more outside of the frame where you pres with your thumb, which inturn now put more of the catch into the Magazine.  Now when it clicks in it feels soild and locked in.  It takes slightly more pressure to release the Magazine but it does not hang up and the magazine fires right out.  Before you barley had to push the magazine into the grip to get it set in, now you have to give it a nice rap on the bottom to seat it properly, which from what I understand is how it should be.  I am waiting to go to the Range to see if my fix worked, if not I will still have the new catch from Taurus.  I can swap it out real easy.  What do you guys think.  Did I fix it?  :rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am glad it worked for you Qberdude. I put in the New Catch/Release that Taurus sent me and that works perfect, however, I will keep the one I doctored as a back up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hockeynut52 said:
First off I want to thank Draeger for the great post on how to remove the Mag release/catch. I can do it in 3 minutes now blind folded. Since I am still waiting for Taurus to mail me the new catch, I figured I would mess with the one I have. I first removed the Mag Release from the frame and broke out the old dremel. I took some material off of the catch on the inside. There is a little lip there that stops the Mag release from going too far left or too far to the right. I tweaked it little by little and now the Mag Release is protruding a little more outside of the frame where you pres with your thumb, which inturn now put more of the catch into the Magazine. Now when it clicks in it feels soild and locked in. It takes slightly more pressure to release the Magazine but it does not hang up and the magazine fires right out. Before you barley had to push the magazine into the grip to get it set in, now you have to give it a nice rap on the bottom to seat it properly, which from what I understand is how it should be. I am waiting to go to the Range to see if my fix worked, if not I will still have the new catch from Taurus. I can swap it out real easy. What do you guys think. Did I fix it? :rolleyes:
Hey Hockey I know I am coming into this late, but did you take any pictures of the dremeled mag release.

I have the same problem on a PT140, mag's are dropping out after each shot, sometimes chambering a round, but most of the time not.

Thanks....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry RJT no pics, but once you get the mag release out , you will see the little lip I am describing. It is the lip that controls and limits left to right movement of the mag release. It just needs to be shaved on the side a little, to allow more left or right movement depending on which side you have the release mounted. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts