Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyhow I had some old Lionel trains, that were not in the best of shape and honestly prolly were not worth a whole lot, we get haggling and he offers 100 bucks... well I notice he has an old Ruger 10/22 and it needs some work, prolly hasn't been shot or cleaned since the 90's but I took her home :) No pic but it's a standard carbine 10/22 with a cheap scope, has some rust on the barrel but not very much, action is gummed up alittle but does cycle and the hammer does go click but yeah, I'm pretty excited to have a new project... Worst issue is I believe there is an obstruction in the barrel but I bet it's just so dirty that's whats wrong. Either way I got rid of some cluttler sitting in the attic and got a new toy in the process.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I love my 10-22. Great little guns.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
congrats! if the both of you are happy, that's what matters.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Excellent - I love horse tradin'!! Fingers crossed for that barrel m8. :cool:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Nice trading!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like the barrel is just dirty I looked through it in better light it just looks real dirty but bore is clear :) It helps when you actually open the bolt to =P Looked up the SN it was made in 1983. Has a kinda rough wood stock on it so I ordered a tapco mall ninja stock and will prolly have fun modding this old girl

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Them 10-22's are born to be customized.... Nice Trade.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Very nice Trade! :cool: Congratulations!

I also have a Ruger 10/22 and love it!

·
Registered
698 Posts
It looks like the barrel is just dirty I looked through it in better light it just looks real dirty but bore is clear :) It helps when you actually open the bolt to =P Looked up the SN it was made in 1983. Has a kinda rough wood stock on it so I ordered a tapco mall ninja stock and will prolly have fun modding this old girl
That's the spirit! The 10/22 enjoys plentiful aftermarket support. Heck, you can build a 10/22 entirely out of aftermarket parts.

How bad is the stock? Do you think it is in salvagable condition? A little sanding, reshaping, and refinishing would be a nice project.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the spirit! The 10/22 enjoys plentiful aftermarket support. Heck, you can build a 10/22 entirely out of aftermarket parts.

How bad is the stock? Do you think it is in salvagable condition? A little sanding, reshaping, and refinishing would be a nice project.
Oh heck the stock isn't bad at all really it looks consistent for a older gun, it's just something that's prolly been fired a whole lot and handled alot it's certainly in working shape. It's what you'd expect for a 30 year old gun. Shame that whoever last shot it never cleaned it or wiped it down with oil now and then though, but nothing some TLC won't fix. If the barrel is shot out or has a rusted bore I already have a lead on a guy who has an newer 10/22 factory barrel for not much money. I'll just have to find time to get into it and give this old girl a good scrubbing and oiling and see what I gotta work with.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Thats the nice thing, everybody customizes them and puts high dollar target barrels on them so factory parts can be had cheap in good shape. I bet you can find a nice stock cheap from someone who put some tactical black plastic on theirs.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I ended up ordering the tacticool tapco stock myself just cause a stock 10/22 stock just is REAL short for me that M4 style stock helps alot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts