Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
35,121 Posts
I thought Mac Davis was hilarious, I could never get tired of watching North Dallas Forty when I was younger. Good singer too. He'll be missed.

I don't know much about Helen Reddy except for "I Am Woman". No wonder I heard it on the radio this morning, hadn't heard that song in decades.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Take Mac's words to heart...don't get hooked on me. RB is correct, we will all die and the dead can do nothing for us.

RIP, Mac.

·
Registered
18,505 Posts
Yet more entertainers from my younger years have passed on. Time marches on, darn it.
Bad month...:sad:...Lee Kerslake, drummer for Uriah Heep and Blizzard of Oz passed on about two weeks ago.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought Mac Davis was hilarious, I could never get tired of watching North Dallas Forty when I was younger. Good singer too. He'll be missed.

I don't know much about Helen Reddy except for "I Am Woman". No wonder I heard it on the radio this morning, hadn't heard that song in decades.
On the CBS evening news yesterday I didn't hear a single word about the passing of Mac Davis. OTOH, they devoted a full segment to Helen Reddy, about as long as the debate segment. Why? Because according to CBS she was a feminist icon, with her song "I am woman" and a speech she gave where she thanked God because "She is responsible for all the good things in my life.," with her emphasizing the word, "She". She was a avid supporter for the failed presidential campaign of California Governor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, the ERA, and many far left political causes. The article below says she was also supposedly an advocate for women's self defense but I don't see how you can be an advocate for women's self defense and be for gun control. Maybe she wasn't though, IDK, the article isn't clear on that part of it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1985-04-19-8501230339-story.html

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
In a comment in the local newspaper this morning, Don Caldwell, a local musician and producer says, Mac Davis will be buried in Lubbock, Texas. I wonder if it will be anywhere near Buddy Holly’s grave?

Davis did reference being buried there in one of his songs.

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
In a comment in the local newspaper this morning, Don Caldwell, a local musician and producer says, Mac Davis will be buried in Lubbock, Texas. I wonder if it will be anywhere near Buddy Holly’s grave?

Davis did reference being buried there in one of his songs.
Last words in this song: "And when I die, you can bury me in Lubbock, Tx in my jeans!"

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
Mac's folks ran a small motel down on about 7th and University. After he made it big, he bought them a new home in the 3700 block of 95th St., built by Jim Hatchett. It had a three car garage. This was in the mid 70's

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
In 1968, there was a corner gas station at 5th and University attached to that motel. Called it College Courts. Might have still been College Ave. then. I worked there for awhile and Mac's father came around often. The station was leased from him. Nice guy, and Mac has twin stepsisters. Mac was known then, but not as well as today.
If that song verse holds true, he'll be wearing jeans.:thumb:

Reactions: Jake3501
1 - 14 of 14 Posts