Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this revolver was made pre taurus, but I am in need of sights for it.

I had a gunsmith that butchered my front sight so I payed him for his time and thanked him before letting him touch my rear sight.

My question is, Can I send my gun to taurus and have a new set of front and rear sights installed?

I was told on another forum to call but I was on hold for too long.

Thanks for any info.

Glad to have a Rossi forum to come to. ;D

·
32,813 Posts
After an exhaustive search here's the score.

It is better to contact Rossi directly and not Taurus. Even though they are under the same conglomerate, both companies operate as seperate ones.

The phone number to Rossi USA is 305-474-0401. This is different than the Taurus help lines. Talk to Customer Service and ask if they can ship the parts needed or whether the revolver should be sent into the company for repairs.

As a second choice there are www.gun-parts.com/rossi , www.e-gunparts.com , and www.brownells.com .
Talk to customer service at each place listed at all costs, as the on-line catalogs are not always updated in a timely manner. If these secondary sources come up dry, they may be able to guide you to who has the parts.

My first instinct is to tell you to try the direct source at Rossi USA and then go on to the other possible sources if need be. Let us know how this works out for you.

Other members may have more sources than what has been given so far.

One last thing. It might be possible that the sights on the 971 are compatible with other Rossi types. Ask these sources the question if one type from another model might not fit your 971.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
nunya53 said:
Still looking for a hammer nose (firing pin) for my post-taurus 971 before call Rossi direct. None of the listed sites have any..

Nunya
Unless you find a shop with smith locally that has what you need. You best call Rossi, and I bet they have them. I remember another person had gotten one from them. But, fitting of the nose, is critical. Done wrong it can break very quickly again.

·
Super Moderator
35,691 Posts
I had a firing pin snap on my 971, Interarms gun, and sent it back to Interarms. It came back, snapped again in the first two cylinders full. :rolleyes: I had a local smith fit one and never had a problem after that. Find a GOOD gunsmith that knows what he's doing is my advice just based on experience. He told me the thing just needed proper fitting. Apparently Interamrs was incapable of doing that.

Now that Rossi has restructured under Taurus control, they are probably better about repairs. I had to send mine to Interarms in Virginia.

·
Registered
317 Posts
what about the sights? anyone with a taurus rossi 971 please post pics of your rear sight along with any specs you can give. im trying to find out if they will work on the interarms rossi. i called taurus and rossi and they were both unhelpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is my understanding that Rossi and Taurus do not sell replacement parts. I broke my rear sight blade to my m971 and replacements just cannot be found. But just last month I found another rossi gun, m518, that looks to use the same rear sight blade and leaf. Found one on eBay for $35 and although I have yet to change it out it appears to be an exact match; the front sight appears to also be a match: have a look.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts