Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all...I'm new here-great site--very active! My favorite .22LR is an older stainless M94 that I bought new over 10 years ago. I have had problems with it from the get-go with the cylinder not indexing correctly during rapid double-action fire, causing a "click" misfire. I usually shoot it single-action, anyway, but wonder where i might send it to have the timing checked. I no longer have the receipt and purchase documents. I'll appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, all.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Give Taurus a call, their service is very good, and you do have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
It's well worth sending your 94 back to Taurus because my 5" M94 went back and it's now a great little shooter! those Taurus tech service fellows are really good at what they do!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
32,759 Posts
Yes indeed. What they have said. Taurus Customer Service is at 1-800-327-3776. Be polite and give the service representative a precise detailing of the problem and they should be able to help you. The gun is still under warranty whether you have paperwork or not.

You have nothing that you will have to prove to them as far as paperwork is concerned.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I agree with Quiks. Be polite. Those people are dealing with many customers. Make them feel good for talking to you. You rant and rave you may get put to the back of the line. The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease.
And as they say, you can draw more fly's with honey than you can with vinegar.

·
32,759 Posts
One other possibility.

The gun may need a thorough cleaning inside and out. The areas to look at are the cylinder hand, the cylinder stop, the ejector rod star&cylinder (front and back), and the firing pin channel. Accumulated grime and grit have a way of working into those area

Cotton swabs with solvent, toothpick with solvent, and blowing those areas out with Gun Scubber or something like that may take care of the problem. Do not oil the firing pin channel.

Clean around the ejector rod where the cylinder meets the rod,back and front. Cotton swabs with a good solvent or gun patches will take care of that.

The cylinder hand will need a cleaning with cotton swabs and a blow out with Gun Scrubber as well.

If that does not work then go ahead with plan A of calling Taurus and have them fix the problem.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:wave:Welcome to the forum, wadwizard.

When you have a chance, drop over to the Member Introduction forum and say hello to our staff and membership.

I hope you will enjoy your membership here at TaurusArmed.net as much as I am enjoying mine. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts