Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new M85UL to the range for the first time today. Wow either I'm a really bad shot, or, most likely, I'm not use to the sights and shooting a revolver. I was shooting low or high, and couldn't find the right spot for me to be aiming. Practice, Practice, Practice is all I can say, Great revolver, fits nice in my hand, though more recoil than I expected. Will go back this weekend and see how I do!!!!

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I assume you have a 2" barrel, they don't forgive being off just a hair or two when taking aim. And at any distance being off a hair at the end of the barrel can be a yard down range.
Good news is that they are very easy to get the hang of....and a blast to shoot.
Wanna have some real fun make your next 2" carry revolver a .327 Magnum..FUN FUN FUN!!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Congrats and practice makes perfect.

I had a 2" Snubby EAA Windicator .357 Magnum after awhile I got good with but it took about 300 rounds.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you have a 2" barrel, they don't forgive being off just a hair or two when taking aim. And at any distance being off a hair at the end of the barrel can be a yard down range.
Good news is that they are very easy to get the hang of....and a blast to shoot.
Wanna have some real fun make your next 2" carry revolver a .327 Magnum..FUN FUN FUN!!!
Actually I think it has a 2 1/2 inch barrel, which probably is not much of a difference. Yeah, I'm used to semi auto's. Until I get the hang of this gun, I did just purchase a Millenium PT145, which I also shot today, with no accuracy problems (first shot was in the middle of the bullseye) which was proobably a lucky shot. Oh I'm not giving up on the M85UL, it was fun to shoot!!!! Thanks for the info about the barel...etc. Gues I just needto get used to it. It's the first revolverI've ever owned, or shot:cool:

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats and practice makes perfect.

I had a 2" Snubby EAA Windicator .357 Magnum after awhile I got good with but it took about 300 rounds.
Yeah I put 50 through it today, 100 through my new Mellinium Pro 145, another 50 through my Ruger P95, tomorrow I'm taking her back out to the range with my Ruger SR40, and the new Ruger P345 I'm buying tomorrow. I'll get ysed to it, I thought about a .357 Mag, but went with the 38 SPL.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, since it is new try shooting in single action until you get the hang of siting it in, then move on to double action. I know that I am not as accurate with mine in double action due to the trigger pull pulling me off target slightly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, since it is new try shooting in single action until you get the hang of siting it in, then move on to double action. I know that I am not as accurate with mine in double action due to the trigger pull pulling me off target slightly.
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow at the range!!!!

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Invest in some snap caps and dry fire it about a thousand times about 100 snaps a session. This will do three things. 1. It will loosen up the gun and springs to give it a smoother action. 2. It will familiarize you with the gun and you can watch the barrel to check movement when you are dry firing. 3. It will build up your finger and hand strength and improve the way you grip the gun.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Invest in some snap caps and dry fire it about a thousand times about 100 snaps a session. This will do three things. 1. It will loosen up the gun and springs to give it a smoother action. 2. It will familiarize you with the gun and you can watch the barrel to check movement when you are dry firing. 3. It will build up your finger and hand strength and improve the way you grip the gun.
And it is cheaper than live ammo!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Idea, Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tookj it to the range again today, I got a bit better, sitting on the computer dry firing it to lossen it up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts