Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,149 Posts
I've got a couple of HKSs, No. 36, haven't found them to be problematic. I always jiggle 'em in, though, just part of the deal.

I had a Safariland comp one. It lasted about 9 months before it broke, carried in a pocket. Bad part was I didn't know it was broke until I tried it one day in my bedroom and it wouldn't dump. I had to use a shop hammer to get my ammo out of it, was the end of the speedloader. I've never had a HKS fail. I cannot recommend the comp ones. They're cheap constructed plastic and way overly complicated in design. KISS is a good motto IMHO. I won't buy another Safariland.

Now days, I just carry Bianchi speed strips. They work for my 85 and my 66 if I'm carrying it primary to the 85. I load 'em up with .38 +P, will work in either gun. They may not be favored by Bianchi Cup champions, but for everyday carry, they're simple and durable and fast snough IMHO, especially if you have a NY reload or two. I don't figure if I ever do have to defend myself that firepower will be a problem even with a 5 shot revolver. One or two well placed shots should stop the problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.