Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an M85 Polymer frame and I really ilke it -- the red fiber optic sight solves the sight picture problems I had previously with other snubbies. The gun also handles well, particularly with the larger of the two grips it came with.

Because the poly frame is a little wider than regular M85's and J-frames, standard hosters do not seem to fit. Does anybody know what kind of holster might work? I am looking for a left-hand IWB style; temporary, so it doesn't have to be fancy. When my right arm heals up, I will switch back and look for a permanent RH replacement. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ace Case makes some generic leather IWB holsters that would probably work. I bought a couple from Cheaper than Dirt to use as knock-around holsters. I'm sure Uncle Mike's also offers some nylon ones that would work, but I don't have any model no's. You could probably look for either a 2-in K frame S&W or a Colt Detective Special size so that it would work with the added width of your gun. Good luck with the holster and your healing arm.

Do us all a favor and start a new thread about your polymer 85. Range time, impressions, and especially PICTURES. I didn't know anyone on here had taken the plunge and bought one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. It looks like the Poly uses a shortened version of the judge frame. Not a bad idea overall, and should make for a strong pistol.

I like your suggestion -- I will start a Poly thread next week. Just another reason to go practice my left hand shooting! So far I have one box of PMC range ammo and a couple of cyliners of defensive ammo through it with no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts