Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I work 3 days a week at a gun shop here in Idaho and I guess thats bad luck for my wife. A new model 85 Protector .38+P Special came home with me last night. I carry all the time here in Idaho and use pretty good leather Galco or Blackhawk and prefer OWB holsters. The protector is wider then the standard 85, does anyone know of a quality holster for the Protector?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hi
I work 3 days a week at a gun shop here in Idaho and I guess thats bad luck for my wife. A new model 85 Protector .38+P Special came home with me last night. I carry all the time here in Idaho and use pretty good leather Galco or Blackhawk and prefer OWB holsters. The protector is wider then the standard 85, does anyone know of a quality holster for the Protector?
I'd be interested to know what you'd find. Am looking at possibly getting one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess I'll have one made I found a saddle maker right here in the town I live in and he does great looking holsters and he uses horse hide. He form fits them to your particular firearm and they look top notch. I'll post pictures here of the finished product with the M85 Poly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A guy here locally that makes saddles and I've seen some of his holsters and I liked them made me a holster for my 85 Poly and it fits like a glove and I'm super happy with it. The M85 fits in it snuggly with now movement off the belt and when worn tightens it up in the holster but still draws smoothly. The guy uses pretty thick horse hide and it's very rigid he also got the angle just right so my M85 holster is a done deal for $65.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts