Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a model 817 which is a 7 shot .38. Ive been searchin and trying out holsters for a week and only found a nylon Quest holster for right now. All the gun shops in my area are out of stock on the S&W "L" frame holsters. i am thinking that would be what you need. but Ive been wrong once before . lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you Andy. I will look into your advice. Your right, l frame holsters are hard to find now. Good to meet you. Gunshops.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard the best forum on the net, from Wilmington, NC !!!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
First, Welcome from the Evergreen State! Now about the Taurus® Mdl617 and carry thereof.....

I've carried a Taurus® Mdl 617 almost every day since 05/2003. My primary carry is via a Theis® IWB hybrid; it is tuckable if you wish and very, very comfortable. Tommy Theis is a vendor here and makes a quality product! For OWB I use a Don Hume® J.I.T. Slide holster designed for a K frame revolver. I also occasionaly use an Uncle Mikes® Belt Slide Holster Size 0 (Zero) which is a perfect fit.

My gun is most accurate with 158gr ammunition; both in 38 Special and 357 Magnum persuasion. My daily carry load is the Fiocchi® 158gr JHP with the Hornady® XTP bullet (#357XTP). This is the most accurate 357 Magnum ammunition I have ever found for my 11yo Taurus® Mdl 617SS2. When my wife carries it she loads it w/Buffalo Bore® 158gr LSWCHCGC +P ammunition (#20A/20) which is just as accurate!

I am a
BIG FAN of the TAURUS MDL 617 357 MAGNUM!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts