Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend i plan on buying a m605. it will primarily be concealed and carried often so i was wondering should i go with the stainless or with the blued version. does one hold up better to being carried or is it totally personal preference of how you want it to look? just thought i would post and get some insight. thanks

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
Personal preference mostly. I like stainless because it's easier to clean.

Reactions: Fortenbras

·
Registered
46 Posts
I find that the stainless can be a little more expensive and harder to find. At this point you may have to get what you can find in stock. Its tough finding products on the shelf when it comes to guns at this time. I am kinda picky, really like the look of stainless, but the ones that I have seen typically don't look like they have held up well on the show room, where as the blue version appear to show less scratches or imperfections. I purchased a M605 poly this weekend blue version, the gentleman before me got the last SS 605, so I really had not choice afterwards, we talked and compared the different version that we had, I admired the look of his SS 605, but I really like the like the feel and weight of the M605 poly too. Also if you are anal like me about finger prints and smudges on the gun, with SS you have less worries. Either way you have a tried and true version that should serve you very well. Good luck shopping.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
If I only had the opportunity to buy the blued 605, I'd go for it...because they are excellent self-defense CC handguns.

However, the matte stainless finish on the 605 is stellar, in my humble opinion!

Click on the photograph to enlarge it and enjoy its radiant beauty.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys went with the blued version as that is all i could find. but i'm afraid it is going to take a trip to Florida =( when it is loaded the cylinder wont advance and it scratches the back of the brass like the cylinder is too close to the frame.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Reactions: Jalopiejoe

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
I would bet you have a build up of packing grease and gunk under the ejector. Get you cleaning kit out, push in the ejector pin/rod and make sure you clean it extreemly well on both the ejector star and the cylinder. From past expeniance I have come to learn that the first cleaning of a revolver is more of a pain and requires more detail than that of a semi auto pistol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Came back from Florida Monday. :) work order said the forcing cone needed adjusting. everything seems fine now shot it a few times with no problems. looking forward to putting some time in with it soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree, I'd go with Stainless if you can find/afford it. I love the matte stainless look (not so much polished) and it's a much easier finish to deal with. Way easier to clean and protect and there is something about that raw metal look, especially on a revolver, it's something special.

Reactions: Jalopiejoe
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.