Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all. I have recently purchased an M605 Protector Poly in 357. Overall like the gun but having some trouble with the double action trigger pull. In "combat" shooting it has been acceptable but in "slow" fire it seems to have trouble when it engages and tries to rotate the cylinder. Bought a Wolff spring kit to lighten the trigger pull but looking for anyone who might have some insight into disassembling the poly revolvers. Also any advice as to what I can do to improve the cylinder operation would be great if I end up with it apart. Of course another option is sending it back to Taurus but wanted to see if there were any "quick" fixes first. Thanks for any input in advance.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
"It seems to have trouble when it engages and tries to rotate the cylinder". Could you be a little more specific with what you mean by trouble? Is it not catching, is it dragging or binding? Is the cylinder rolling?

That will help me give you slightly more accurate suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe I know what Rickski is talking about and I have the same issue...My wife always pull the hammer back before she fires, and a couple times at the range it's like the hammer is locked with the key. We have to release the cylinder then close it again, then it will work fine. Even to just pull the trigger alone, won't budge. Hope this makes sense. It has only happened a couple of times at the range. Figured we'd give it one more try after cleaned and oiled, and if it continues will call in and post the results that I get from talking to Taurus.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hello gerrenj, and welcome to the forum.

When you have a chance, drop over to the Member Introduction section and introduce yourself to our forum members.

Glad to have you aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts