Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mrs. said it was for her, but I loved it!

Put about 150 rounds through it over the weekend of .357 rounds and she put about 75-100 .38 rounds.

Great revolver and preformed splendidly! :guns:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Good job! I don't mind the kick either but some do, and those little revolvers can be a handfull

Reactions: kkellman2004

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
What grain you using ? I been getting 158gr for the .357 and .38Sp+P for my Rossi 3" . The .38s don't have quite the kick as the .357 but i like the power behind the .357 . When i shoot tho i usually hold double handed for support . Are you shooting single or double handed ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What grain you using ? I been getting 158gr for the .357 and .38Sp+P for my Rossi 3" . The .38s don't have quite the kick as the .357 but i like the power behind the .357 . When i shoot tho i usually hold double handed for support . Are you shooting single or double handed ?
158 grain as well, Hornady hp's. I always use two hands when shooting and would not want to be near someone shooting with one hand. I love the way it handles the .357 rounds!

Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just a suggestion for the wife. Think about some .38spl +P rounds (Gold Dot, etc.). She'll get a good round, excellent power and not have to suffer thru the unpleasantness of .357. Might keep her interested and happy a bit longer than 357 without really sacrificing anything.

·
Registered
24,690 Posts
Niiiice!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a suggestion for the wife. Think about some .38spl +P rounds (Gold Dot, etc.). She'll get a good round, excellent power and not have to suffer thru the unpleasantness of .357. Might keep her interested and happy a bit longer than 357 without really sacrificing anything.
Yeah, she was firing off .38 rounds and I snook in a .357 round. She had a dead on head shot at 25 yards, but didn't like the recoil.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I did was swap out the OME Taurus grip with a Hogue 67000. A Larger grip while still very concealable that affords much more control. Here is a pic for y'all to slobber over.

View attachment 58089
Now this is something to consider! Thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I LOVE the 357s through mine. 158 gr are what I blow through it, get a thrill with those. My favorite wheel gun without a shred of doubt. Nice pics!

Reactions: kkellman2004

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm a Taurus M605 fan, also, mainly for the reliability and conceal-ability of the little dynamo and it's eye-opening, teeth-rattling, recoil! :)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Hey Dawg, if this is to be used as a defensive concealed carry don't you think you think you should spend some time shooting with one hand? You won't always have the choice of shooting with two hands.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a Taurus M605 fan, also, mainly for the reliability and conceal-ability of the little dynamo and it's eye-opening, teeth-rattling, recoil! :)
Dito. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :loco:

Reactions: drummin_man627

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Dawg, if this is to be used as a defensive concealed carry don't you think you think you should spend some time shooting with one hand? You won't always have the choice of shooting with two hands.
This is my wife's firearm. She is just getting use to shooting it. When/if she feels comfortable, she can practice pulling it out of her holster. However, shooting a .357 snub nose one handed is not smart or safe. I think it would be worth the extra .01 seconds to raise the second hand to handle this firearm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My wife and I decided to go with the revolver for her because of its reliability and easily concealable for her. Nice graph's, but at close distance she will not have any "problem" with knock down from a .357 HP round. :dry:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts