Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a M445UL that needs a new yoke screw. Called the folks at TuarusUSA and have one now on order. Problem is the screw is on back order - could be 8 weeks or longer.

Does anyone know if any of the S&W yoke screws would fit?

Or

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement yoke screw?

I have the pin and spring, just need the screw.

Thanks

·
Registered
969 Posts
Also try Brownells. You can call and talk to one of their in-house gunsmiths that can probably answer your question about the S&W screw.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks 57k and nevadabob. Yeah already checked Gun Parts Corp. Will reach out to Brownells Monday morning.

Looks like the Tracker model has the same yoke screw assembly. Still no luck - may have to wait for TaurusUSA to ship the part in 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out the S&W yoke screw Mfr Part: 219860000 will work in a pinch. It is to long but the thread pitch and head diameter are correct. If you cut about .020" off the overall length (including plunger and spring) it can work permanently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did Taurus ever get a crew to you? I've been waiting now for 6 months for a new Yoke Screw. Same story, on back order. They cannot even give me an estimate on when I can get it. I've never fired the gun, and it sits in my safe. I'm disgusted with them. I'm giving up on messaging and e-mail, and I'm making a phone call in the next few days when I can be on hold for a while.

Consider this - This SAME yoke screw fits several models of revolvers. So, if they REALLY don't have the screws which are allegedly on back order, how can they still be making those several models of revolvers?

Mine is a model 65. The same screw fits a 66, and many others.

Apparently Taurus is still making these medium to large frame revolvers, which means they have yoke screws. I even found a forum posting from 2011 where someone was having the same problem getting a yoke screw from Taurus, and the same excuse too.

·
Super Moderator
37,226 Posts
Did Taurus ever get a crew to you? I've been waiting now for 6 months for a new Yoke Screw. Same story, on back order. They cannot even give me an estimate on when I can get it. I've never fired the gun, and it sits in my safe. I'm disgusted with them. I'm giving up on messaging and e-mail, and I'm making a phone call in the next few days when I can be on hold for a while.

Consider this - This SAME yoke screw fits several models of revolvers. So, if they REALLY don't have the screws which are allegedly on back order, how can they still be making those several models of revolvers?

Mine is a model 65. The same screw fits a 66, and many others.

Apparently Taurus is still making these medium to large frame revolvers, which means they have yoke screws. I even found a forum posting from 2011 where someone was having the same problem getting a yoke screw from Taurus, and the same excuse too.
You have six posts and they are basically all the same. We are not affiliated with Taurus and cannot do a thing to help you. If it were mine I'd send it in to Taurus and have them fix it. Over the years they have changed spec on parts and haven't kept good records on serial numbers with changed parts.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Google Schluder parts in Texas. They have it and they are good people to deal with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts