Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the hunt for a holster for my m44ss4" revolver. I know the m44 is similiar to the s&w m29.what I am wondering are they close enough that I could buy a holster for the m29 and have it fit my m44 properly. the reason I ask is there is alot morew choices out there for the m29

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The mod 29 Smith has had some different barrel shapes over the years and all holsters are not the same. That said try to find the 29 that matches yours and the holster should fit. As a side note most Taurus 44's shoot better groups than some Smiths. I have a Tracker in 44 mag that out shoots a Smith preformance center 629 hunting revolver.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I heard that the "N" series holsters for the Smith&Wesson fits the M44 Tracker also. Doing research right now because there is a 44 Tracker in my future gun purchase as soon as I can find one!

...................Twin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help. I was thinking they were real close. I want a leather hip holster to carry my 4" 44 in and there are alot of choices for the model 29 out there.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Twin1300 the Tracker series of guns is a smaller frame than the N frame Smiths and the larger frame Taurus guns. The full size frame Taurus 44 mag is a 6 shot cylinder. The Tracker 44 mag has a 5 shot cylinder and is closer to Smiths K or L frame revolvers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Twin1300 the Tracker series of guns is a smaller frame than the N frame Smiths and the larger frame Taurus guns. The full size frame Taurus 44 mag is a 6 shot cylinder. The Tracker 44 mag has a 5 shot cylinder and is closer to Smiths K or L frame revolvers.
I was` thinking the same thing but I didn't say because I didn't know for sure

·
Registered
96 Posts
No problem guys! I know this.....that I don't buy holsters until I fit them anyway! Too many times what they say fits don't! I will keep your advice guys! I was just trying to help.

......................Twin

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
I have found that the Taurus® Mdl 44 WILL NOT fit in a S&W® Mdl 29 N frame holster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.