Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a M380 a month ago and put 100 rounds through it yesterday. Gun shoots great and is a very soft shooter. I had no issues with the stellar clips. I qualified on it to carry off-duty/back up (I'm LEO) and speed reloads were a breeze using the stellar clips. Very pleased with this little gun so far. In case anyone is wondering why I went with a M380, it was because of my wife. She is an LEO also and her back up/off-duty gun is a .380. Already had a bunch of .380 ammo, so it made sense to get the M380. I preferred the revolver over the small semi-autos available. This is a great little gun for anyone looking for something small that can be shot comfortably. :D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
First of all, I want to express my appreciation to you and your wife for your dedicated law enforcement service.

Secondly, it was encouraging to read your report on your new M380 revolver. I just might have to get me one of those little dynamos. :D

·
32,481 Posts
Glad to hear it and thanks you both for your service.

A lot of people wondered why a .380 ACP revolver. Even when shown the facts some of them still do not get it. This ought to help others to see the why.

The case was made for the Taurus m380 in other threads, but this just helps that much more. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Glad you like your new weapon,I traded for one of these awhile back,and love it.I carry it every day.Most people who put it down either didnt like the caliber or havn't ever shot one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the comments guys. The small 380 semi-autos work well for my wife, but not me. Like I said, the 380 made sense because we already had a ton of 380 ammo here and I didn't feel like taking on another caliber at this time. The M380 is a good shooter, light weight, is a great choice for a back up/off-duty/concealed carry weapon. My wife actually likes this gun as well, but doesn't care for the trigger pull. I found the trigger just fine for this type of gun. I was able to hit what I was aiming at. You just have to get back to the fundamentals and focus on the front sight and give the trigger a slow steady press. I got a couple holsters for it too. I picked up a Galco ankle holster, Galco IWB, and a Blackhawk pocket holster. So far, all of these holsters work well with this gun. I think this revolver will catch on more as the word gets out. To me, it makes sense. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all,

I just purchased a m380 Today.

What holster (Iwb) will fit this gun? I am fond of the Sof Tuck holster as I carry my Beretta in one.
The gun is so new there is no mention of it on Galco's or Desantis's web site.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

I just purchased a m380 Today.

What holster (Iwb) will fit this gun? I am fond of the Sof Tuck holster as I carry my Beretta in one.
The gun is so new there is no mention of it on Galco's or Desantis's web site.

Any help would be appreciated!
I'm using holsters that fit J frame pistols.

·
Registered
24 Posts
fourrobert13,

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of thinking j frame holster, but since it is a tad smaller I was not sure
if the m380 would have too much play in it.

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an uncle mikes iwb and pocket holster,they work fine and are only about 15 bucks each.I would like a paddle holster for mine but cant find one that fits,maybe later on if they catch on well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
armedintn3 & whodog,

Thanks for the reply!

I will order my Sof Tuck today for the m85.

Again, thanks for the help all!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts