Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new M380.
After getting it, I doused it with gunscrubber trying to get the taurus gunk off.
After getting the taurus gunk off, I doused it with CLP.

The pistol has a pretty stout double-action-only trigger pull... and everything feels a bit gritty, as could be expected with a new revolver.

But I have a problem and a question. The problem is - The yoke does not stay in the pistol. If I swing it out sideways, as I would need to so that I could load ammunition, and point the revolver at the ground, it will slide out. At first, it would slide SLOWLY - and gritty -like. Now it slides faster, but I feel that perhaps it should not slide at all.

From looking at the schematic on the model 85, it seems that perhaps part number 42 COULD be the key - but only if there is some sort of retaining pin that slides in under it. I don't see anything like that on the schematic, and don't have anything like that on my model M380.

Can anyone tell me what should hold that yoke in? Should there be any sort of tiny spring/pin under that #42 sideplate retaining screw?

Thank you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. Duh. I found the answer right here in another thread. Looks like my revolver is missing the plunger and spring from the sideplate screw. :(
I will call Taurus tomorrow.

(here's the thread)

Here's what I am missing - thanks to the original poster of THAT thread.
awesome pictures.
m380.jpg

4403-albums457-picture16738.gif

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I believe the front side plate screw should be longer and have an unthreaded portion at the tip, this goes in the groove on the pin the crane rotates out on. After seeing your pic I can see your does have a pin seperate from the screw, must be different from the one I was thinking of.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hope you get a good answer, when I took mines apart after purchase, I recalled that mines had a longer screw but no spring with it. Which finish did you get the blue or satin. Seems like the satin finish models tend to have problems with grittiness on the trigger pull. I have the blued version, however my mini currently at taurus now, having the rear site fixed. Hope to get it back soon. Cant wait since my crimson trace laser arrived two days after it was sent off to taurus.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Man that not only sucks but Taurus should be embarrassed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts