Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase a M327. I have pretty much made up my mind based on the price point this is the next firearm in my life. I called Taurus today for a quick qa to see what the warranty return rate is for this weapon and what they might recommend. They stated that earlier the firearm had some issues with extracting certain casings but recently they have been spot on with low warranty claims. This I wanted hear:) I asked about ammo and surprisingly they stated they do not recommend 327 Federal magnum since they have not tested this ammo in the firearm. I stated "are you sure about this" and the rep said that was the protocol they were told to repeat. This concerns me becuase it is "the" major selling point for me and I assumed why the firearm was called the M327. It would not be my primary practice ammo but certainly my defense load and I would shoot it once in a while. If anyone could clarify this please do. My finger is on the purchase button at Buds but now I digress (possibly)!

·
Registered
92 Posts
AdesteAnimo......no reason to hesitate....I don't know what Bud's is asking, but CDNN is selling a 3" barrelled one for $249.00 if I'm not bad mistaken with a ported barrel. Yes, it has pink....yep...pink grips...but Altamont sells a beatifuul set for the M85 which is the same frame as the M327. I shoot the .327 Mag load quite frequently and haven't had any trouble out of it. I get my ammo from Reed's Ammo and Research. He loads a killer .327 that would be in comparison to Black Hills or any other of the boutique loaders. Never any FTF's. It's a nice "family" revolver as it shoots the .32 (long and short), .32 H&R Mag and the .327. What more could a fella axe fer!!!!!!! Go ahead an get it. You won't be sorry. Semper-fi MIke

Reactions: AdesteAnimo

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got the stainless 3-inch model, and I love it! I confess though, it locked up tight as a drum out of the box, and after a mixture of 327 Fed Mag, 32 H&R Mag and 32 S&W Long rounds, it does have a little side-to-side and end shake in lockup. If it doesn't get worse with time, it's good to go, but that has caused me to be a little concerned about long term durability.

Other than that, I LOVE this revolver! and I'm hoping the lockup isn't going to change much over the next few thousand rounds. It shoots to point of aim, feels great in my hand and fit and finish is fantastic on mine. Accuracy is excellent - out to 10-12 yards. I haven't fired it out much beyond that, because I see it as a short range self-defense revolver, not a mid-range target gun.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't fear the loosening. All you need is a new cylinder stop, S&W "J" frame yolk shim or cylinder bushing and you'll be back to brand new. I rehabbed my 617 that way and the guys at the range said "damn" when they checked it out referring to the "Smith" like lock up on it, LOL.

I am on a reeeely tight budget and so far I believe Buds has the best price at $240 becuase it includes shipping, my FFL will do $15 transfer fee and I can do layaway so all expenses = $255 which is doable. I also noticed 32 and 327 ammo prices have dropped. The 3" inch is soooo tempting though I would love a 3" M327 thats on my top ten list but if the shipping is extra at $249 it kind of kills that for me. Well my Taurus people have talked me into it again, I will keep you-all posted, waiting for my check to hopefully arrive tomorrow to put down $100 on layaway at Buds.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Before you get it at Buds, call CDNN. Phone calls are free, and their prices *could* be less than what they have posted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
AdesteAnimo,
CDnn just posted the M327 Fed. Mag in 2" Blue for $219.00 Can't beat that with a big stick. Semper-fi MIke

Reactions: AirForceShooter
1 - 6 of 6 Posts