Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my M327 this morning. 2" barrel, SS, with spur hammer.

No end shake, timing is perfect, tight lockup...this is my first Taurus revolver (first DA revolver, too) and I'm very impressed. Trigger is heavy, but smooth. Wolf springs will be here Monday. I stripped it down as soon as I got home using the excellent guide here on TaurusArmed, cleaned out all the funky brown factory gunk inside, then grabbed my camera...since everyone loves photos. :D

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, you going to love it. These are a great kept secret and a total blast to fire.

Hogue does make a nice rubber grip that is a little larger, I would suggest you put these in your future "I want" list. Best price I found was Amazon.com

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Stunning photography!:rating10:

Congratulations on a fine acquisition.:happy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, you going to love it. These are a great kept secret and a total blast to fire.Hogue does make a nice rubber grip that is a little larger, I would suggest you put these in your future "I want" list. Best price I found was Amazon.com
I actually like the grips that came with it, my pinky finger is pretty comfortable tucked underneath and it disappears in my IWB holster. I have been looking at some nice Hogue wood grips though.

My fiancee has pretty much laid claim to this gun already. I was going to get a ported 3" from CDNN for her to shoot, but she likes how this 2" handles. I guess now I'll have to grab a 605 or 650 too... :D

·
32,481 Posts
Don't forget. Steaks can be sizzled to a nice color brown or black with just a few shots and see-gars can be lit standing 50 feet away. Comes in handy when you're trying to prove the smoking is hazardous to the health. :)

Anything you want to remove with fire will be.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
I actually like the grips that came with it, my pinky finger is pretty comfortable tucked underneath and it disappears in my IWB holster. I have been looking at some nice Hogue wood grips though.

My fiancee has pretty much laid claim to this gun already. I was going to get a ported 3" from CDNN for her to shoot, but she likes how this 2" handles. I guess now I'll have to grab a 605 or 650 too... :D
I do admitt that the Hogue grips do make it a little less concealed in my holster. I just ordered a Altamont finger groove grips for it also or one of my other M85 framed revolvers.
I was close to ordering the 3" from CDNN in stainless to go with my duo-tone 327, but figure my next 2" revolver will be a .357mag, as ammo is less, easier to find and opens up the option to fire 38spl as well.

Fantastic photo by the way!!!!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
If the M327 is built on the M605 frame, is it
similar to a M352 Rossi?
Does anyone have a M94 and a M327 ???
Before I order a couple of these little gems,
I was wondering:
Is the hammer spur on the M327 larger and less sharp
on the edges than the M94? [my M94 bites your thumb
harshly after 15-20 rounds cocking in SA]
Also, is the trigger pull in DA on the M327 as stiff as it
is on the M94 ?
[My little 5" M94 SS is sweet and accurate, but SA hurts
eventually, and DA is stiff enough to make it pull to the right.
My M352 Rossi is soooo smooth. It will give any S&W
a run for it's money. Both are from 2003 or 2004, somewhere
in that time frame.]
If anyone has a hands on comparison to share,
many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
From your nice pic <turbo>
it appears that the hammer is a different shape than my M94,
the drop from the top of hammer to the spur is shorter on
your M327.
Also, the M94 has an adj. rear sight, which actually interferes with my
thumb being placed fully on top of the spur, adding to the 'bite'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The DA pull is very very stiff. I don't have a pull gauge, but I'd guess that it's over 15 lbs.

These might help with your hammer question:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts