Super Moderator
40,644 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Congratulations,

Very sweet rifle, Federal makes some ammo just for the M1A Federal American Eagle Ammo 7.62x51mm NATO 168 Grain Open Tip Match not easy to find but shoots great in my M1A std with Walnut stock. Only mods I have made to mine is a Bill Springfield $40 trigger job, scope and gas block shim kit, I get close to 1 MOA groups with the Federal M1A ammo.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice gun. :icon_ rocker:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
That is so cool!!

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Nice. My buddy has one along with a M1 Garand that he brought over on Veteran's Day this past year. They were some very cool pieces to have. We didn't have time to wring them out long distance, but we had a great time remembering the men and women who went before us.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Very sweet rofle. Are you going to do a .308 convert?

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
27,653 Posts
Very sweet rofle. Are you going to do a .308 convert?
M1A is .308
.308 and 7.62x51 are the same cartridge. Or, more precisely, they are close enough that SAAMI allows their interchange.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I thought the m1a was 30-06. I'm really off today thanks for correcting me. I hate to put out bad info.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I thought the m1a was 30-06. I'm really off today thanks for correcting me. I hate to put out bad info.

The Military has a thing about calling everything a M1. You have the .30 M1 Carbine, .45ACP M1 Tommy gun, M1 Garand, heck a buddy of mine jumped at the chance to learn to operate a M1A1 Low Vegetation Assault Vehicle at the end of basic.
He mowed parade fields with a snapper comet for 2 weeks! :)

·
Administrator
18,203 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
First I would like to find some
ammo and shoot it.
I found some ammo from here. Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

EDIT: The PRICE HAS NEARLY DOUBLED DUE TO THE AMMO HOARDING.

I bought a few boxes of this stuff a couple weeks ago. Even though it is labeled .308 on the box, it is headstamped with the 7.62 NATO marking of the circle/cross. Ammo .308 Winchester Armscor USA FMJ 147 Grain 20 Round Box 2700 fps Practice And Target Ammunition 50201

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your "new to you firearm.

·
Administrator
18,203 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts