Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As promised, here are the pictures and a range report on my new Talo M&P.

I went to the indoor range this afternoon and as I figured, I had to wait a bit for a lane. After about 20 min. somebody packed up and left and I proceed to the bench. I hung my target and ran it out to 10 yards(as far as that lane went today). I only had 50 rnds of TulAmmo and 50 rnds of Federal on hand. My very first shot was 3/4" above the X ring and dead center. This trip was mostly about function though, so I ripped through the 100 rounds in about 25 minutes. Most of the rounds were on target with a few low fliers from my double taps. After I finished those rounds I loaded a mag with the 15 Rem. JHP's I brought. They ran like a champ, as a matter of fact, everything I put through it today fed, fired, and ejected perfectly.

Last, but not least. Here are a couple pics.

ETA: Here is a "toe-less" picture! LoL

·
Registered
123 Posts
good shooting there. Beautiful looking gun, not so much the big toe...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL I thought toes were mandatory in gun pictures!

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
The range I frequent insists I wear shoes.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice looking gun, have you shot a 24/7 G2 and if so how do the compare?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not shot the G2, but I have shot a 24/7 DS in .40 S&W. The 24/7 actually fits me just a little better, but the M&P feels amazing as well. The M&P has a slightly better fit and finish, but both are excellent weapons and a good bargain at their respective price points. The 24/7 I had the pleasure to shoot was also flawless, and we put close to 600 rounds through it the day we shot it.

Sent from my Samsung Facinate.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
the M&P you you have is it one with the new trigger? i heard S&W was putting new triggers in the M&P series pistols,this comes from a S&W sales rep. i think they were to start putting they new triggers in late march early april. the new trigger is to have a shorter stroke and a cleaner(crisp)break than the first M&P pistols.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure this one has the old trigger. This one was made last year I believe. It's pretty crisp already, the first shot actually surprised me. I'll have to find a newer one and compare them.

Sent from my Samsung Facinate.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Nice, congrats!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts