21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Site says they are SOLD OUT.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Several years ago I was eyeballing the newly manufactured Auto Ordinance M1's over at Big5 Sporting Goods but even those several years back were a bit pricey. Now, if you can even find a new one, I'd bet the price would be out of this world. No thank you, I don't have pockets that deep & even if I did there's a limit on what something should cost. Insanity now rules the day with gun prices & those that ante up for those highly inflated prices are only feeding the problem.

When all this sky high gun pricing peaks, I wonder how foolish those that over paid for a firearm are going to feel when their purchase will probably be worth half what they paid for it....unless they mean to keep them for "shooting." What a novel idea that would be.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Well, I'm already hearing about it. People want to sell back their AR's they bought during the panic. They want what they paid for them.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well, I'm already hearing about it. People want to sell back their AR's they bought during the panic. They want what they paid for them.
Hahahahahahahahaha. Good luck for them on that one.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty funny. I sold off half a dozen of mine last summer, cheap PSA's built from kits. I also sold my 210 dollar Shockwave for an obscene profit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm in that group also. I will probably wait until we get a patriot in power and see how many thousands come back from South Korea. An M-14 would work also! I'm looking at spending in the 1,000 to 1,200 range and don't want junk.
I doubt the civilian market will ever see M-14's. What's the old mantra, once a machine gun, always a machine gun. :mad:
That said, being able to import some Norinco clones from China would be OK. I have shot one belonging to a buddy who bought one before the ban and they are sweet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I get so piste when I hear about Grandpa, Dad, uncle Bubba paying $50, $75, or $100 back in the day!

I bought an Inland back in 1977 for $150. That was a lot of money for a young Army buck sergeant with a wife and two kids.

1960 $50 is about the same as 2021 $1300. Get over it! Inflation sucks.

·
Super Moderator
37,265 Posts
I doubt the civilian market will ever see M-14's. What's the old mantra, once a machine gun, always a machine gun. :mad:
That said, being able to import some Norinco clones from China would be OK. I have shot one belonging to a buddy who bought one before the ban and they are sweet.
I scored Marksman with the AR15...Expert with the M-14.

·
Super Moderator
37,265 Posts
I get so piste when I hear about Grandpa, Dad, uncle Bubba paying $50, $75, or $100 back in the day!

I bought an Inland back in 1977 for $150. That was a lot of money for a young Army buck sergeant with a wife and two kids.

1960 $50 is about the same as 2021 $1300. Get over it! Inflation sucks.
It's always got to be placed in context. My 1972 Toyota Celica off the showroom floor was $3250.00 My first Gateway desktop setup in 1995 was $2,500.00...of course that included the CRT and the Epson bubble jet printer. :p

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Holy Cow! I haven't seen one of those since the 1970's!
yea its all fun and games until someone shoots their eye out!---GriiiN.
facepalm,.jpg

21 - 35 of 35 Posts