Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used it or heard of it even?

I work in an auto parts store. We sell Lucas products including the gun oil. I've used that stuff on my gun and I must say, I think it works somewhat well.

Wondering if I'm the only one.

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LINK

I coat my gun, including the barrel) in it after cleaning real good. I noticed last night when I cleaned it after a trip to the range, I could still wipe the oil off the barrel. From what the site says, they designed it for extreme use, but everything Lucas is overly engineered according to their markeeting and product descriptions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll have to give it a try. I'm getting ready to store my weapon for a year. I think I did it wrong last time, I had to do it for 6 months and when I got it back I had alot of rust to clean off. It was surface rust and none was in any of the important parts luckly.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I don't think I've heard of it. But it wouldn't surprise me if it works fine. I've heard of govt. organizations that use Mobil One to lube their M16s (no this isn't a military org.). I've also heard that normal ATF (automatic transmission fluid) was good but don't recall the source and haven't tried it myself so don't recommend it yet.

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
worthirt_99 said:
I'll have to give it a try. I'm getting ready to store my weapon for a year. I think I did it wrong last time, I had to do it for 6 months and when I got it back I had alot of rust to clean off. It was surface rust and none was in any of the important parts luckly.
Have you given any thought to those silicon impregnated gun sacks for an additional level of defense?

Steelheart

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ATF prolly would be good. auto trannies see temperatures FAR above what an engine sees. The ATF is nothing but glorified hydraulic fluid with a few anti friction additives and some more lubricating additives. It takes a lot for ATF to break down too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Steelheart said:
Have you given any thought to those silicon impregnated gun sacks for an additional level of defense?

Steelheart
No I haven't thought of that one, I'll give that a try also. I got lucky last time, since there was just rust on the slide

Add

I think I might get ahold of one of those small bags of dessiccant also. I know that the house was really humid when I closed the bag.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Sounds like a good plan.

Steelheart

·
Registered
349 Posts
Been using it on my guns for about 10 years.  Seems to work fine, but then all the Lucas products I have used have worked well. Kinda looks like ATF without the odor.  I recommend it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use Lucas gun oil too. It seems to work fine. I am comparing it with Wilson Slide glide in a blue pointed applicator. So far I don't see any real difference, gun works fine with either product and cleaning is equally easy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lucas oil is superb! It is a long term house hold name, but most do not know about it or most stores no longer carry it. It is superior. I have used it for years

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use Remington spray oil, I used to use G-96 but can't find it anymore.
Lucas has a complete line of lubricants and makes good products.
ATF is not a good gun lube as it is loaded with detergents designed to keep the insides of transmissions clean, yes, even caustic to some types of materials (look out polymer frames!).
I spray the inside of my hard cases with a light coat of oil every year or so for long term storage. Some of those desicant bags are good, too.
I say the best thing is to use a product that is designed for the intended use.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I sell parts too. We sell Lucas but not that part #. All their stuff is top notch. I will have to try to find some around here.

·
Registered
279 Posts
been using it since 2004. took it to iraq and kuwait and it worked fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts