Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 1911 ss today . I sprayed a little oil in it and took it to the shooting range . I fired a 100 rounds thru it , no problems, love the gun . I cant wait to go shoot it again!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is with my other Taurus hand guns .

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your newest purchase. Your Taurus stable is coming along quite nicely. Now If you just had a Raging Bull in .44 or .454. :p I can't add 'complete' to the sentence because, really, no firearm collection is really complete is it? ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
Congratulations on your newest purchase. Your Taurus stable is coming along quite nicely. Now If you just had a Raging Bull in .44 or .454. :p I can't add 'complete' to the sentence because, really, no firearm collection is really complete is it? ;)
Sure they are complete...completely waiting for the next one.

Nice collection. My PT1911B keeps surprising people who "just know" Taurus doesn't make good handguns.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys . The big gun pictured is 44 mag . The other whell is a 357 mag. I would like to own a 4 or 5" 22 auto but I havent found one that says Taurus on it yet .
On another note I put another 100 thru the 1911 today . Perfect except for one round . Shooting American eagle , I had one round come out of the barrel so slow it hit the ground before it made it to the end of the range . It sounded like a 22 not a 45 and never brought the slide back at all.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
reefdude said:
Thanks guys . The big gun pictured is 44 mag . The other whell is a 357 mag. I would like to own a 4 or 5" 22 auto but I havent found one that says Taurus on it yet .
On another note I put another 100 thru the 1911 today . Perfect except for one round . Shooting American eagle , I had one round come out of the barrel so slow it hit the ground before it made it to the end of the range . It sounded like a 22 not a 45 and never brought the slide back at all.
Wow! Sounds like that round had a very anemic load of powder!
At least it made it all the way through the barrel. Good thing it didn't
get stuck inside. That would have been a bit of a mess!

BTW, nice collection! ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Your M44 brings back memories. I had one virtually identical it a few years ago, aside from the newer cylinder release. My next Taurus revolver will be the Raging Bull .44 Mag; The .500 needs a little brother. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts