Votes: 5 4.6%
  • No one should own one

Votes: 2 1.8%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all the members that have posted within the last 6 months about buying an AR-15, AK-47/74, or some other tactical-type of evil black gun (EBG), maybe we NEED a "Other Long Guns" sub-section. Never know, maybe Taurus will see the activity and intro a EBG!?!

Just kidding on the sub-section, but I've noticed many threads showing off their new long black guns, bought either during Obama's tactical ban threat or very recently as the the pricing has fallen.

So, would you consider buying/already own a EBG? I finally purchased one when I saw the prices dropping in May/June.

Thought it would be interesting to see how firearm owners here feel about EBGs.

Now if we can just find ammo at a decent price again.

NOTE: I set up poll so you can vote for more than one answer.

·
32,854 Posts
I own a Olympic Arms Plinker with the 20" barrel. That's the kind of M16/AR15 I was trained on in the military and took to it.

I've got two Ruger PC-9s that are 9x19, but they are "black rifles" in a sort of way. :)

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Yes yes and yes.

Does buying upper parts to build spare lowers count. I got a rifle in October. And 2 lowers in November. Built one already and looking to build the second.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I own both an AK-74 Tantal and a AK-47 WASR-10 and I am just about ready to get the
real evil black rifle, the AR-15. I haven't done much shooting with my AKs but so far, all
I can say is those evil black rifles are a lot of fun!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have had an AK74, my Sig 556 , and 2 ARs before Dec. I since have built another and since prices are coming down on parts, I am working on one more for me and one for my dad and brother

Reactions: djw479

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Good timing on this one.

I've had an AR for a while but just yesterday I picked up a Hi-Point 4095TS. I've been looking for one for about 2 years. Speak about hen's teeth. I suppose that's a black rifle of sorts.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've had an AR for the last thirty years or so. My most recent is a Stag Arms Model 8. It's piston driven, and it has absolutely spoiled me. I still can't get over how clean it runs. And with the right ammo it will shoot 1.5 moa at 100 yards. Not bad for a 16" barrel, and tremendous fun. But the thing I like the best about AR's is that you can shoot them all day and your shoulder will be none the worse for wear and tear.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
I will probably get an AK in the near-Mid term. Why, because i want one.

·
Administrator
35,793 Posts
I guess it depends on what your definition of 'need' is. :D

I've owned one since 2008, right before the election that year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Uncle Sam loaned me an M-16A1 in 1969, but I had to give it back.
I have absolutely no desire to own an AR today.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
I voted no one should own 1, everyone should own a few at least! :D

I purchased 2 stripped lowers before Dec 15th and slowly bought parts needed to complete my 1st AR. I took to early June because I was not going to pay inflated prices. I ordered what I wanted and sat on the waiting list until things came in at a reasonable price. When AK's come down more I will be getting one of those as as well. Now to decide what to do with the second stripped lower I have, 300 ACC Blackout or 9mm???

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I bought a DoubleStar A3/M4 version a couple of years ago. It's hard to stockpile ammo when a gun is this fun to shoot.

Reactions: djw479

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I have one. What is it for? Best darn yote getter made.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If anyone votes "no one should own one" I recommend an immediate ban of said member.
I agree, there's nothing worse than someone who comes across as a "gun guy" or girl and then tries to dictate what's good for the rest of us or supports a ban on an otherwise legal firearm. As low as they come IMHO.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,741 Posts
Uncle Sam loaned me an M-16A1 in 1969, but I had to give it back.
I have absolutely no desire to own an AR today.
Same original problem, so I bought my own, different solution.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
If anyone votes "no one should own one" I recommend an immediate ban of said member.
I'm in trouble I voted "no one should own one" only because I think every one should own more then one.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just knew no matter what options I gave for this poll, some of you would find a way to walk the fine line between the choices I used...and that is all good! ;)

But I wanted to included the last two options to try and be fair to all firearm owners on this website, as some may figure the whole EBG scene is a negative for firearm ownership in this country.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts