Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I followed the instructions for the mill pro for removing the firing pin as they are basically identical.

Had it dis-assembled just fine and went to put it all back together when I dropped that tiny little spring on the carpet (yeah I know, the bedroom was not the best place to work on the gun).

I got down real carefully with a strong magnet and started combing the carpet. I guess it's either way gone or made from a non ferrel metal.

I found my manual and called Taurus. I've never called them before. Was surprised to have a live human answer immediately. She transferred me to a gentlemen and I told him I needed to order a replacement part. Went through the normal stuff... name, address, serial number, type of gun, part I needed. He asked what happened to the original. I told him I lost it. He says no problem, and says "Ok, well we'll mail one right out to you."

I sit there with a dumb look on my face thinking, then ask the guy "don't you need my credit card number?" He says nope, no charge.

Now I know the part can't cost more then a few cents, but shipping, handling, etc. He says nope, they'll mail it out after the holidays.

I'm amazed honestly. Best customer service I've had.

Thumbs up to Taurus!!!
Thumbs DOWN to my dumb arse for losing the thing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
good luck on getting it anytime soon i still waiting on a part for over 6 wks plus called them 2 weeks ago and they said they mailed it out on monday of that week and still waiting lucky i found the part god forbid i only owned 1 gun i be @*@*@*!!! but i love my 1911

Post edited for language used. Please try to keep to the PG-13 rating. It is understandable that you're upset but we would like to keep this forum a place where someone's daughter or granddaughter can visit. Steelheart

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ewww.....

Hmm, well this is my primary carry gun, and only pistol.

Is the firing pin return spring a part that is "readily available" and not a "proprietary" part? There's a gun smith about 20 minutes away and if its a part they would normally have "on tap" then I'd just go buy one from him.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
wow..nice to know you talked to a human..
sounds like you were treated pretty well

Dad Gum carpet.. :mad:..Yikkees..i clean over carpet too :eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
poor_red_neck said:
............ He says nope, they'll mail it out after the holidays.
I'm amazed honestly. Best customer service I've had.
After the holidays is until January...........you call that best customer service. I have been waiting on parts for two months now. Also, last time I tried to get an extractor and it was a restricted part. I have heard/read stories of there long wait time. Like others said, let us know when (IF) you get it - lol.
Taurus sucks to me, i am going to stick with glocks for a few more hundred dollars.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice tip and great link Cimarron.
Brownells has some much cool stuff. :)

When I win the lottery I'll have a wing added for Brownells to stock attached onto my personal hardware store that I'm going to buy. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't EFFIN believe it.. but I found my spring. It had settled between my computer and desk. I thought I looked there dozens of times, but guess not. Put it back in, fires fine.

Now the real test... let's see when I get my part!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on finding the part! I'll check back in 3 months to see if you receive the replacement.
Oh, and had you let a local work on your gun your warranty would have been voided. It's either wait 3 months or lose warranty. I love my PT145 (now that it's fixed) but my next gun will be another make.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm happy to read your gun is up and running. Please do follow up on your replacement part.
I keep wanting to talk myself back into getting a PT145 but the reliabilty issue scares me away. A friend of mine has one and loves it. He shot his 1st IDPA match with and had a blast. Sure, he finished low on the score board but he played with his REAL CCW weapon of choice.
BUT, IF it breaks WHEN you NEED it. It's OVER! PERIOD.
I'm torn....

·
Registered
846 Posts
When you look for something that hard and can't see it, move away for a bit then go back and look, most of the time it will be right where you were looking and couldn't see it. Its a mind thing, but it always works fo me.
PS Carpet and small parts don't go together, lol.
Bet you a cold one you get your part in 2 weeks or less.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Hey guys... this is why to older smart guys will tell you to disassemble these kinds of parts in a plastic bag where springs and things attached to them can't get launched into those remote places :bang:

·
Registered
54 Posts
thats a good idea thks

·
Registered
132 Posts
glad you found your part. let us know when/if taurus send that part for you. If I drop a small part and cant find it then i always take a brake and rest my eyes then then look around again and then i will usually find it. Taurus are nice and fairly made, but the customer service is very poor. Dont let the lifetime warranty fool you, its not much benefit if you cant get the service in time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, thought I'd update this thread....

Ordered Nov 22

Received December 04

Not bad I guess. Considering I didn't pay for anything

The part number just incase anybody searches for this is:

31300200 "Firing Pin Return Spring" for 24/7 Pro in .40 S&W

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats.
That's great! It's been almost 4 months waiting for a replacement part for my PT1911.
I'm glad to see they have some parts available.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Was I wrong? Did I not say 2 weeks? Maybe didn't say business days, sorry, owe me a cold one? And heck it was free. Answer a HONEST question for me, or us. Were you nice when you called?
Merry Xmas , have a good one. :yipee:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts