Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...then found it on the passenger side floor mat of my car.

The whole story is, I stopped by the range on my way back in to town today to run 150 rounds through my PT111 G2. Haven't been to the range for the last three weeks due to us remodeling our kitchen. I know, yay, right? I load up and shoot. The first three are in a 2" circle at 10 yards, but are consistently moving left. I think it's my trigger finger doing something screwy, so I compensate, but everything is still going farther left. That's when I notice the rear sight has moved to the left about 1/8", and yep, no screw in the hole. So I take out my carry flashlight, squat down and begin to scan the floor. It's been recently swept, so I think I have a chance of finding it. A snowball's chance in the nether regions, but at least a chance. Plus there's only one other guy in the place three lanes down, so I start the process of searching. Nothing. I check my range bag which was setting on the floor next to me. Check everywhere the gun was and every pocket the screw could have flown, or ricocheted in to. Nothing. So at this point I think I'm pretty much screwed, or "screw-less" actually.

I end up only shooting 100 rounds because I have to keep moving the sight back to center after 3 or 4 shots. The gun ran fine, other than the sight problem, but I'm thinking of the screw the rest of the session and where I can get one. I'm also thinking there's a slim chance the screw could be in my car, so I'm anxious to get out there and look.

Once in my car I check the seat where I dropped the mag and cleared the defensive ammo from the chamber. Nothing. Checked the cup holder then the glove box. Nothing. And then I spy a small black item on the floor mat. It stood out because the interior is a light gray. At first I thought it was a small pebble, but when I got it in my hand and saw it was "the screw" the Hallelujah Chorus began playing in the background. I got a small screwdriver from my briefcase and reinstalled the screw. Once I home I took it back out, added blue Loctite and put it back in.

Due to the screw problem the range session wasn't the best, but I did find the screw, and once I was home FedEx did deliver a shipment of 9mm ammunition I'd been expecting, so the day wasn't a total waste. And if you haven't done so already, check your rear and front site screws. FYI.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
So you were screwless and now you are screwed..Thats so nice..:nopics:

Reactions: Gsx4

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts