Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I order extra keys for my 24/7 45 acp taurus ? Also which is the best place to buy extra parts for my pistol barrels pins springs etc... Like to have extra parts it's better then sending the whole gun out to repair when I can do it myself.

Thanks Andy

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Call Tarus they will send you a set. If you have a Harbor Freight near you they sell a security bit set that also has the proper size in it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Where can I order extra keys for my 24/7 45 acp taurus ? Also which is the best place to buy extra parts for my pistol barrels pins springs etc... Like to have extra parts it's better then sending the whole gun out to repair when I can do it myself.

Thanks Andy
LOL! I always wonder what would happen if I ever lost those "special" keys! I suppose the easiest thing to do is not to use the lock -- oops, did I really say that? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^Lol hear that lol any one knows where to get extra parts ?? There easy to fix just hate To waiting for Taurus to send it back when I can do it myself

·
Registered
200 Posts
call taurus? they might just send you some.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
LOL! I always wonder what would happen if I ever lost those "special" keys! I suppose the easiest thing to do is not to use the lock -- oops, did I really say that? :D
YEP! now I MAY worry about losing my car keys or my house keys but honestly I wouldn't even know where to find my 68 sets of taurus keys if I needed to.
I check the locks when i first get the guns, make sure they are in the off position and the keys are sent to Key Heaven i guess, i know they aren;t easily found around here.
Parts are ordered through taurus, some parts can not be oprdered an the weapon must be returned for service.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good gosh, I better lock my keys in my safe wth my silver and gold, those eBay prices are ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I keep mine in the box with everything else. If its already locked in a safe why would you need them?

·
Registered
597 Posts
A typical set of allen keys should have the size you need. Any hardware store or lowes and home depot and your good to go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tamper Resistant Hex Key
1223907721636-1888199682.jpeg Tamper-Resistant-Screws-2EVN1_AS01.JPG
Good gosh, I better lock my keys in my safe wth my silver and gold, those eBay prices are ridiculous!
the Orignal Poster said he was looking for replacements, he didn't say anything about cost.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Keys for a gun? Politically incorrect.

A friend recently asked me about trigger locks for all my firearms. Ignorance must really be bliss!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I carry one on my key ring. Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail it to you. It's one of the things I haven't thrown away yet.

BTW, doesn't any Taurus key work in any Taurus gun?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Haven't thrown away the keys for my G2 because in addition to the tamper resistant allen wrench one has a screwdriver for adjusting the sights (obviously can't adjust them with just any old screwdriver!) and the other has a pointed pin for pushing out the pin holding the backstrap (can't use any old small allen wrench for that either!).

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
If you need another key, I would say that is a good reason to buy another Taurus. I highly recommend a PT1911 or three. :D

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
BTW, doesn't any Taurus key work in any Taurus gun?
I believe that you are correct Bre, although I haven't tried EVERY TAURUS gun, just my share of them!-LOL

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
HMM!
lets see now, its 2 O'clock on a cold windy winter morning, i hear a window pane smash, I reach into the night stand drawer, pull out my PT1911, try to rumage through the drawer to find the key for the padlock so i can remove the cable that is runing through my slide and trigger guard, find that and remove it, now looking for the key to my Taurus security system, finally after turning on the light by the bed I find it and remove the safety system, pull the gun up to be ready to use it!
OH hell thats right I have the magazine stored seperately from the gun and now must get up and go to the bedroom closet to find the magazine, insert the magazine!
Discover that i no longer need the gun because the perp beat me to death with a baseball bat while i was trying to arm myself!
OH, well at least i am going to "Safe" heaven!-------:angel:

Reactions: Wolf1477 and Zylo_X
1 - 20 of 27 Posts