Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my 44 out at the range and...NO FRONT SIGHT!!!
I have dug though everything and cannot find it.
I contacted Taurus to have them send me a new one.
First off, they wanted me to send it in...3 months (minimum) with out it, for something that they can put in the envelope and send through the mail.
I talked them into sending it (after many emails)...But it is out of stock and NO ETA on the item...so, that means that you would have it until the part arrives?
Enough rant...
Does anyone have a fix, new sight option, red dot option?
I am pretty sure it is the same on that is on my 608 ( I have a poopton of rounds through it, with no problems), so I am tempted to take it off and bring it to a machinist, to have him make me one.
I am really mad because I have 500 rounds just waiting to be shot-haha

Lemme know, what you know...

-dimwit-

44 site.jpg

·
22,290 Posts
I'd bypass Taurus on this and go to a gunsmith. Any gunsmith worthy of the title should be able to fix that in no time.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I needed something for my 24/7 which was constantly out of stock. Then it turned into one of those "restricted" parts
where you have to send you gun in. They did pick up shipping.

Had the gun back in ten days.

I think they keep telling you it's out of stock until you give in and send them your gun.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try Gun parts they might have one . They have a ton of different psrts for revolvers. Gun parts== Numrich arms, same bunch.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I needed something for my 24/7 which was constantly out of stock. Then it turned into one of those "restricted" parts
where you have to send you gun in. They did pick up shipping.

Had the gun back in ten days.

I think they keep telling you it's out of stock until you give in and send them your gun.

All the Best,
D. White
I tend to agree with you on your assumption, but wonder why they would do that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been looking for a fiber optic front sight for my 608. Taurus installs them on the 44's/454's, but I can't get any listing for an after market sight. Taurus is infamous for not selling parts, probably why many gunsmiths won't do much work on them.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
That shooter is just begging for some Williams Fire Sights.....

Reactions: JStacy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help/suggestions....Sorry for the late-Thank You.

I just ordered a Dan Wesson front sight, off EBay and modified it to work.
I still have to drill it for the roll pin, hopefully I will get it done this weekend.

Again, Thanks

-dimwit-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look further down in the page there was a thread on frt sight replace ment galloway ind iirc ordered one for my tracker 44 love it you do have to file the tounge down a little and drill the pin hole and in your case make a new pin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts