Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was doing a detailed cleaning of my PT 1911 and lost the tiny spring that goes on the end of the firing pin block plunger ARGH! I heard it bounce off the floor and can't find the damn thing. So here is my question, can I order this tiny little piece from Taurus or will I need to send the whole gun in for the damn thing. I could do a series 70 conversion... but would rather not. This IS my carry piece, so I need it to be in complete worry free working condition. Any input would be appreciated.

That being said, This is the first setback I've had with the weapon (And its MY fault!) I'm closing in on 2000 rounds through it without issues. I carry it every day as well as shoot IPSC every once in awhile to stay sharp. Only things I've changed are the grips (Ebony Dymonwood from Raasco) and recoil/firing pin spring. I may eventually pick up another Taurus 1911 in a different caliber. See ya around.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'd call Taurus and ask for one. I know they send extractor and other parts so I don't think they'd need the whole thing. You will probably have to buy it, but I cant imagine it being that much!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

I'd call Taurus and ask for one. I know they send extractor and other parts so I don't think they'd need the whole thing. You will probably have to buy it, but I cant imagine it being that much!
Thanks, Gave them a call and they are sending a new part. No questions asked, no charge!

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Thanks, Gave them a call and they are sending a new part. No questions asked, no charge!
Not bad service! Glad it didn't cost you anything either.

Those springs are little! I bet you find it the same day the replacement arrives in the mail!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i hope you get your spring in a timely fashsion, but i wouldn't count on it. you can have one in 3 days from midway or brownells

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For future reference: A plastic bag is your best friend when disassembling/assembling small parts.
For future reference: Its not my first rodeo disassembling weapons. Shit happens.

Not bad service! Glad it didn't cost you anything either.

Those springs are little! I bet you find it the same day the replacement arrives in the mail!
I actually did end up finding it, behind the toaster. Don't ask.

·
Super Moderator
35,521 Posts
I broke mine down the other night to clean the FP channel and the extractor and hung onto that little bugger. I did lose the FP return spring on my PT 145 and ordered one from Taurus (they didn't offer it for free) but I also got a full set of springs for it at the same time as the pistol was acquired used and I had no idea of prior round count.

This was about a year ago and I received my order, complete, in about 3 days.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Best to buy an entire spring replacement package & have it on hand for repair & situations like this (& I should listen to my own advice).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the replacement spring on the 19th, took a little while...but good customer service from Taurus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts