Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cannot leave well enough alone, last weekend I took apart my G2c for some cleanig, mainly bored. I noticed some build up in the striker channel and it would not come out. I took apart the extractor and found brass shavings under it and in the striker channel. Well when trying to put the extractor together the pin and spring went "sprong" and I will be damned cannot find it until today. I was out on the sidewalk and look down and see something that looks like a small rock, look closer and its the extractor pin no spring.....oh there's the spring. I guess it got attached to me somehow and fell off outside, it made it through a day of rain also. From now on I think I will just use gun scrubber for the striker channel and extactor:D I did call Taurus yesterday, got through right away and my pin and spring will be here in 8 to 10 days.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
When disassembling things unfamiliar and prone to surprises, I often put it and both hands into a large (2-gllon) plastic bag. Tends to prevent surprises, that way.

I once had a jeweler friend who would only disassemble watches over a 30"x30" wooden frame with a piece of muslin attached slack over it, (and bellying down three or four inches in the middle). I asked him about it and he said, "Once I hunted on the floor for five hours for a single small screw. This saves me a lot of time and looking."

Flash

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
When you put that striker back together, use a Dry Film Lubricant (DFL) so it doesn't load up with grit and dust again. There are a number of DFL's made for guns, such as Militec 1, but I have been know to use DFL that I picked up at Lowes, or Home Depot, just make sure it is the stuff without wax in it. I usually heat up the parts with a hair dryer, or heat gun, and then apply the DFL. For some reason, it absorbs the DFL better. Because of the dust and dirt in Iraq, DFL was the go to lube there. There you would just let your pistol sit out in the sun for a few minutes and it would be hot enough to burn you.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
When disassembling things unfamiliar and prone to surprises, I often put it and both hands into a large (2-gllon) plastic bag. Tends to prevent surprises, that way.

I once had a jeweler friend who would only disassemble watches over a 30"x30" wooden frame with a piece of muslin attached slack over it, (and bellying down three or four inches in the middle). I asked him about it and he said, "Once I hunted on the floor for five hours for a single small screw. This saves me a lot of time and looking."

Flash
Do you use the clear plastic bags or do you make it more interesting and use the ones you can't see through?

·
Registered
24 Posts

Flash
Used that trick the last time I lost the safety detent spring in my little sig 938. Never did find that thing lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
When doing the trigger I did everything in my power to not lose the safety ball and ended up losing the take down plunger. That thing flew into outer space and never re orbited.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I posted in the suggestions for Taurus under parts but I will post here, my parts ordered came today. Got spares now cause I did find the lost ones after a week of searching.
Did the same for the take down plunger. From dialing the number to hanging, I say it was a 38 minute process. Took like 4 weeks to show up, I forgot I even ordered it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts