Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
10,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brrr, well after setting record highs last week, we're back to our normal WI winter temps. Was -15 when I got up, high today is supposed to be around 19, tomorrow our high is supposed to 2. Then it's gonna warm all the way up to 25 and dump 5 inches of snow on us over the weekend with more projected over next week...then next week snow I ain't gonna worry about...so far the only time our weatherman's been right this year is when he was talking about the weather we had the day before.

And of course, now is when the truck decides it needs to have brakes and shocks.

How's it in your neck of the woods?

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Ohio has kept going up and down the season. 50's yesterday 20's today, rain then snow then rain again.

·
32,481 Posts
The brass monkeys around here were winging their way south last time they were seen. By train,plane, or automobile, they were fleeing this area.

Flying monkeys. Now there's a fad that hasn't been seen since OZ.

Got 4 inches yesterday, but the gale force winds are playing havoc around here. And what are we supposed to get in couple of days.

3-4 inches more of Obama dandruff. Possibly 6. Like a barking dog around here it is rough, rough,rough. :) This county isn't that big but in just a few hours there were 60 recorded crashes. That does not count all the cars pulled out of ditches.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I WISH winter would find Pa!! We have only had a couple light snows but nothing major. Hell with us getting so much rain this year I was expecting a harsh winter so I traded my beloved Mustang for a lifted F150 just to play in the snow and low and behold....NO freaking snow to play in!!! But I guess if we do get any Im ready with recovery straps and everything needed for winter recoveries since people CANT drive in the snow!!! lol

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
sarcasm2.gif Downright cold today, 55 degrees! <sarcasm off>

Going to be a nice week, no Winter anywhere in sight, up in the 60's by this weekend into the 70's Monday and Tuesday, unless the forecast is horribly wrong.

·
10,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL, yeah I was talking to my dad in Janesville (Rock County WI), and down there he's gotten way more snow (that's stuck) than we have. We'll get 5 inches, then it warms up and it goes away again.

I blame my lack of snow on the fact that I'm actually prepared this year. Bought new tires, recovery strap and clevis to attach the strap to a hitch, and a battery for the truck and bought a 2 stage snowblower over the summer...so now the snow's avoiding me like the plague (had a storm drop 11" not 20 miles from me a few months ago...got less than an inch here...go figure.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'll put it this way, I just walked up my driveway to check the mailbox in my jeans and a long sleeved shirt. :cool: (Hey Mama, pass the sun tan oil!)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Pretty mild here. Only a little snow that didn't last. The lake (Erie) hasn't frozen which really hurts winter tourism. Ice fishing is big bucks here, but it dosen't look like it's going to happen this year.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Pretty mild here. Only a little snow that didn't last. The lake (Erie) hasn't frozen which really hurts winter tourism. Ice fishing is big bucks here, but it dosen't look like it's going to happen this year.
I remember back in the 60's when the Erie froze over so completely one could go from Cleveland to the Canadian shore by ski or snowmobile.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
A little cool down here in Central Texas tonight, mid 60s. High tomorrow and Friday around 80.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
If you don't like the weather down here, just wait 72 hours.

It went from 75 to 28, then back to 72 now tonights prediction is 33...by Sunday back to near 70.

In between, sunshine and rain...:(

·
Administrator
39,385 Posts
Temperatures here are about average. 20's at night, 50's and 60's during the day. Still dryer than a fizzle dart though. :sad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts