Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally at this time of the year I start thinking about what I will be adding to my firearm collection in the 12 months of the new year. I guess I average twelve to fifteen additions a year, sometimes more, very rarely less. Maybe half are guns I actually decide I want and actively hunt for and the rest I just run across in my travels.

Sometimes I buy something I have no use for only because I don't have one or the price (IMHO) is to good to pass up. Such was the case yesterday when I stopped into my favorite gun shop in Tampa...

I got there just after UPS had made a delivery and he was unpacking some of the guns he had ordered. There were two Taurus Spectrums sitting on his bench, a black over black with grey inserts, and a stainless over white with black inserts. He had also opened a RIA case with a 1911 Government .45 GI model. Nothing special except it was finished in high polish nickel and it was, at least to me, gorgeous!

We started back and forth with the price of the 1911. I told him he still wanted too much for the .45 but if he gave me a very good price on the pair of Spectrums I would take all three. He said I could have both Spectrums for $260 and I bought all three guns!

I really have no serious use for the Spectrums but I will use the black/grey for a range toy and I will put the black/white one away in the box in the collection.

I don't really need another 1911 but that RIA is just so shiny and pretty I can not resist. I'm like an indian in the old days at the trading post starring at the shiny buttons, beads, and other stuff!

So, three at once is a good start on 2019, Hopefully, I can keep it going!

Don

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
You won't like that RIA. Send it to me, and I'll properly dispose of it for you.:D

Actually that is a nice find!:thumb:

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Fine looking RIA! Spectrums I can take or leave. But still congrats on both!

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
That RIA is shiny, congrats.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Congrats on a well negotiated purchase! I think the white Spectrum is snazzy looking and looks like something James Bond would carry concealed while in his white tuxedo! And yes the Rock is gorgeous!

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Congrats on your three new slide guns.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Congrats on a well negotiated purchase! I think the white Spectrum is snazzy looking and looks like something James Bond would carry concealed while in his white tuxedo! And yes the Rock is gorgeous!
LOL! Almost exactly what I was thinking! Spectre, meet Spectrum. Save it for 'formal carry'.

That Rock IS shiny! I had a Citadel mug me like that once. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Nice buy BangBang! I really like the RIA, but I don't need another 1911. Not sold on the Spectrum, need to wait until I get to put one in my hand and shoot it a few times. Most of all, I really don't like the style of it.:)

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Generally at this time of the year I start thinking about what I will be adding to my firearm collection in the 12 months of the new year. I guess I average twelve to fifteen additions a year, sometimes more, very rarely less. Maybe half are guns I actually decide I want and actively hunt for and the rest I just run across in my travels.

Sometimes I buy something I have no use for only because I don't have one or the price (IMHO) is to good to pass up. Such was the case yesterday when I stopped into my favorite gun shop in Tampa...

I got there just after UPS had made a delivery and he was unpacking some of the guns he had ordered. There were two Taurus Spectrums sitting on his bench, a black over black with grey inserts, and a stainless over white with black inserts. He had also opened a RIA case with a 1911 Government .45 GI model. Nothing special except it was finished in high polish nickel and it was, at least to me, gorgeous!

We started back and forth with the price of the 1911. I told him he still wanted too much for the .45 but if he gave me a very good price on the pair of Spectrums I would take all three. He said I could have both Spectrums for $260 and I bought all three guns!

I really have no serious use for the Spectrums but I will use the black/grey for a range toy and I will put the black/white one away in the box in the collection.

I don't really need another 1911 but that RIA is just so shiny and pretty I can not resist. I'm like an indian in the old days at the trading post starring at the shiny buttons, beads, and other stuff!

So, three at once is a good start on 2019, Hopefully, I can keep it going!

Don

Gotta admit I like your investment plan!

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
The Spectrums leave me cold...but the 1911 warms things back up considerably! Congrats on the new heaters!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but don't like any of them, while I think RIA makes a fine 1911 I'm not a fan of the shiny.....and was never really a fan of the Spectrum (though will admit $130 each is a pretty good deal). No matter, not my $ so makes no real difference to me, enjoy your purchases (and/or what ever you trade the Spectrum's for...:))

1 - 15 of 15 Posts