Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I have stated many times, That I put a Ruger P95 in layaway last week. Well the Federal Government seems to think because I am in college now that they needed to "randomly" select me for an audit and now my taxes are being withheld for another 20 days till they review the last year of my records, not only are they holding my tax money hostage, they are withholding my extra school loan money until the paper work clears.. All that being said, the Ruger is only on sale for the $305 OTD price until Feb 29th and it will be March 5th-10th before I receive any funds and even my pay check from my business won't get cut to me til March 3rd (I use a payroll company to pay all my employees including myself just to be fair to them) and the check from my energy drink business doesn't come until the 17th(every month) So the price on that Ruger will be $435 by the time I can buy anything, and to beat all I have around $55 into it already that I can't get back.. I mean I have a damn budget for this stuff and the government is just screwing me over once again and in more than one way (It's like the Kamasutra of revenue and taxation "1000 positions they can screw you in") My wallet already hurts.. My fingers and eyes hurt from the amount of paperwork I have to do as a business owner to even stay a business owner. I am seriously considering going to work at Verizon or Sprint so I don't have to jump threw so many hoops just to get paid or pay my employees a fair wage and stay within the laws of our nation! At least then my TAX burden wouldn't be so damn extreme.... Its time to vote these Bleepity Bleepers out of office and take back our country any way we can, because robbery is a crime anyway you cut it, even if it looks "temporary" its still wrong to jerk people around that work hard for what they have and what they want... So now I am going to have to look a lot harder to find a good deal and pay the extra fees..

Rant over... What do you all think I should do now? I mean my first gun purchase is not turning out to be an experience I want to remember.....

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having right now. Will the gun shop not allow you to pay the sale price even if its not on sale when you get it out? I
dont know but it may be worth a shot to ask.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having right now. Will the gun shop not allow you to pay the sale price even if its not on sale when you get it out? I
dont know but it may be worth a shot to ask.
They will make him pay whatever the current price is. That's one of the problems with layaway. The other big problem is that he is now locked into buying that gun because of the deposit that he put on it.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
OP, I know that I don't know you from Adam and vice versa, but I'd be willing to spot you the money to make sure you get the sale price. Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Just a thought. Have you tried talking to the store owner and tell him what is going on? Don't expect him to honor the price after the sale offering, and tell him you don't expect him to do so. But, you could ask him is rather than loose your down payment could he allow you to keep it as store credit towards a future purchase.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Just a thought. Have you tried talking to the store owner and tell him what is going on? Don't expect him to honor the price after the sale offering, and tell him you don't expect him to do so. But, you could ask him is rather than loose your down payment could he allow you to keep it as store credit towards a future purchase.
That is a very good suggestion.

Hey, it couldn't hurt to ask. :D

Reactions: kaiged1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well MisterNoisy came threw and offered to be an angel of mercy and "Pay it forward" to this Newbie who was almost heart broken about his gun. His generosity will allow me to pay off the gun next week. I am very Grateful to him and all the guys and gals on this forum, for teaching me, caring about my 2nd Amendment rights and all the other ones people forget they have, and for not flaming me for being whiny about my gun purchase lol...... Now I do have to repay him for this, which I am happy to do because I was going to pay that price for the gun anyway and it does still save me about $125.00 in the process. I noted to my "Anti-Gunner" step dad, that gun owners are some of the nicest people I have ever met on the net and face to face since I became a Pro 2A, Pro Gun Ownership supporter and I advocate this to anyone that will listen and not be closed minded.. I will also definitely "Pay It Forward" when I see a gun newbie or fellow shooter in need. I am very thankful for this forum and for all of you and this tight nit community of individuals that care about freedom, everyone's rights, and each other... Thank you again MisterNoisy for your help and generosity.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
No worries at all - make sure you post pics of your new gun when you get it! :D

Reactions: Three Percent

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, what an amazing gesture. It's great to know that this community sticks together. This is truly an impressive group of people. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. Enjoy your new firearm. I'm glad your 1st purchase experience has turned into a positive one.

Sent from my EVO using tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
We actually have a Pay It Forward thread running all the time and many people have taken advantage of it. But I will say that is what makes this Forum leagues above the rest. Congratulations to the members :)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
We actually have a Pay It Forward thread running all the time and many people have taken advantage of it.

But I will say that is what makes this Forum leagues above the rest.
Beautifully stated, sir! (and so very true).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No Problem, There will be tons of pictures and range reports.. I will do you all proud and be a responsable and eager to learn gun owner... I also have the NRA membership form filled out and ready to send in for my lifetime membership along with 2 different NRA approved Classes on Gun Safety/Maintanance Class and my CHL Class I am taking the First one on March 5th and after I learn to do all the basics and get a few trips to the range under my gun belt, I will take the CHL Class sometime later in March as I need to get familiar with my new weapon before I let an instructer mess with my new ownership enthusiasm.. Don't they tend to be all serious and kill joy like in their assesments? I dunno if I am ready for that just yet.. Oh and my mother decided to embrace the 2A spirit since she can't change my mind, and someone offered to help me and she can't ignore that either, so she bought me a new Don Hume Nylon adjustable Duty Belt. I like the clip in buckle and velcro adjustment straps, I can also wear it under sweat pants which is nice cuz it has a softer inner lining so it doesn't chapp my hips.. and it fits in all my belt loops on my jeans as well.. Also I could use the belt in an emergency slide across or down an inclined rope to get to safety since its rated for 300lbs of tension(That was a suprise) its also water proof and heat resistant(what does heat resistant mean?, its not rated against fire but I guess it has a high melting temp?) anyway I haven't picked a holster yet for it but it did come with a cool Mag pouch that holds 2 in a V configuration for easy access from the back or side the mag pouch is also water proof which is good I guess... So all I need is to get the gun and find a nice Black holster (I was wanting the Black leather double stitch Don Hume H717 CC OWB holster, but it doesn't fit the Ruger P95) I wish I could find one like it that would fit... I like it because its minimal and only covers the trigger and muzzle of the gun and has a trigger strap to keep the gun in the holster when you bend over or crawl into a tight space... H717_web_LRG.jpg it also slides on the belt and looks really sturdy...

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We actually have a Pay It Forward thread running all the time and many people have taken advantage of it. But I will say that is what makes this Forum leagues above the rest. Congratulations to the members :)
Yes I look at that thread often and even tho nothing I can use has been posted yet, I have recommended it to some of the new members that were looking for things.. I feel that the "Pay it Forward" mindset and helpful nature of our members is something to be proud of I know I am proud to be a TaurusArmed.net member and will always be one, provided they don't censor us all and shut down the entire Internet...

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Misternoisy. You are one hell of a guy. On behalf of everybody on this forum we are lucky to have such an outstanding member of our forum that takes action to help a stranger out.

Once again, Thank you for just being you.
I agree I just came across this thread and all I can say is wow, good job sir :) It broke my heart reading about a guy not being able to get his first handgun but this story sure had a happy ending. Enjoy your P95 :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree I just came across this thread and all I can say is wow, good job sir :) It broke my heart reading about a guy not being able to get his first handgun but this story sure had a happy ending. Enjoy your P95 :)
I will, I still am waiting on my gun.. The LGS isn't open on Mondays, but I am hoping to get this settled by tomorrow. I got Mister Noisey's contribution money today though and I am itching to go get my gun... I will be posting pics as soon as I can and going to the range to break her in... Now if I can just threw this rough patch I will be much happier, especially when that first round goes down range...

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Hey, I once bought Smokewagon a coke, would have preferred to buy him a beer. Very kind of one member to help another.

I once put a $100 down on a Marlin Camp 9mm carbine. After a week of soul searching I wanted the Camp .45 acp, and told the shop owner I was renigging on the deal expecting to lose the $100, but they gave me store credit and I bought a $100 worth of ammo, mostly buckshot.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If I could, I'd buy every single person here a beer, but I can't afford 25K beers.

I will say that I'm hoisting my glass to all of you though - thanks for being the best firearms community on the 'net.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts