Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was talking to fiancee about a getting a 1911 and told her if she liked my pt92 wait til she shoots a 1911 and she said ok well what are you waiting for..lol I love this woman. I'm sticking with taurus also, so here's the questions I have. I know I want a stainless steel one and definetely in 45 chamber. What's a good price range I'm thinking 700 to 850? What do you guys think? And is there a certain model if any come with 2 mags?? And are they all 8 round capacity? Sorry for all the questions but I'm so excited lol and don't wanna jump on the first one I find:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
buy some quality mags and the factory for the range. check gunsamerica and gunbroker too

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Here in my area the Pt1911 in Blue is 579.99 and in stainless it 629.99.
AR's (railed) are generally about 75 bucks more!
All mine came with 2 magazines but taurus is now offering a FS that only has one.
Actually mags are not a big deal with a single stack 1911 especially in 45 acp, everybody makes them.
many have their favorites but honestly I got like 14-15 1911's and over 35 magazines from different manufactures and aftermarket!
Guess what? they all work flawlessly in the different guns!
when i head to the range i just make sure that i have the correct caliber mag ( i also shoot 38 super and 10 MM ) other than that they are good to go.
your milage may differ.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So was talking to fiancee about a getting a 1911 and told her if she liked my pt92 wait til she shoots a 1911 and she said ok well what are you waiting for..lol I love this woman. I'm sticking with taurus also, so here's the questions I have. I know I want a stainless steel one and definetely in 45 chamber. What's a good price range I'm thinking 700 to 850? What do you guys think? And is there a certain model if any come with 2 mags?? And are they all 8 round capacity? Sorry for all the questions but I'm so excited lol and don't wanna jump on the first one I find:D
My girlfriend went through several small pistols. Kel Tecs, SA, Taurus, even bought a JA380 because it was 'cute'. Shot the Jimenez one time, the slide bit her and never shot it or any gun again until recently. I talked her into shooting my PT1911-B1. It has about 800 rounds through it, with hogue wrap around grips. The trigger pull is smooth and breaks clean with about 3.5 lbs of pull. She was in love with it. can't get her to stop shooting it now. Thinking about buying a second one for me.
I think your GF will love it as well, great shooting pistols. Be warned, you just might lose it. I think all the Taurus 1911s except the FS comes with 2 mags, and they are all 8 rd. Remember to support your LGS if you can, if not Grabagun and Buds both have layaway and are close in price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pt1911 .45 acp blue

Just picked mine up for 695+ tax. came with two mags and two pairs of grips (black and rosewood)and a one year free nra membership, and with a lifetime Warranty you cant beat it... I'd go for if i were you..

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
You can't beat a PT1911 for fun factor.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't know about availability or going prices right now, but if I were to buy another 1911 I'd get a RIA officers model, Ruger sr1911, or a Springfield loaded. Not that I don't like my pt1911, but those wold be my choices.

·
Registered
24,853 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well still haven't found one yet... bummer sure wish I could sell that mk22 I got for sale in the firearms classified sure would help my funds lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
It seems like the price has gone up on all models since folks figured out that it's a quality piece. Coming in under $700 is pretty good for a stainless model. For the record, I think you get more gun with the Taurus than with the Ruger or RIA offerings.

My wife loves shooting mine about as much as she likes my Buckmark. I also had a neighbor's wife shoot it after trying several options (Sig P238, Smith Airweight, Beretta 92.) She just reminded my buddy that she's still waiting for her 1911.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
It seems like the price has gone up on all models since folks figured out that it's a quality piece. Coming in under $700 is pretty good for a stainless model. For the record, I think you get more gun with the Taurus than with the Ruger or RIA offerings.
while I do think that the Taurus PT1911 is a lot of gun for the money!
The Ruger SR1911( both government and commander) are priced (699.00 here) right there with a stianless taurus 1911 I wouldn;t personally say that the PT1911 is more gun for the money.
And there is no comparison to the PT1911 with my newly aquired RIA Tactical II at 619.99.
First its a 10MM, fully ramped and supported bull barrel, VZ Grips, adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight, loop hammer, ventilated trigger, hi beavertial grip safety, mag well.
there is a write up over at the other firearms section so i won't go into all the long details.
Competition is getting strong in the 1911 line up from different manufactures.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
while I do think that the Taurus PT1911 is a lot of gun for the money!
The Ruger SR1911( both government and commander) are priced (699.00 here) right there with a stianless taurus 1911 I wouldn;t personally say that the PT1911 is more gun for the money.
And there is no comparison to the PT1911 with my newly aquired RIA Tactical II at 619.99.
First its a 10MM, fully ramped and supported bull barrel, VZ Grips, adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight, loop hammer, ventilated trigger, hi beavertial grip safety, mag well.
there is a write up over at the other firearms section so i won't go into all the long details.
Competition is getting strong in the 1911 line up from different manufactures.
All solid choices, but it definitely comes down to personal preference. The Taurus fit me better than the RIA, had a forged frame, and all the features I wanted.

That said, I love the options (10mm, commander-sized, etc) that RIA offers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts