Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to adjust the front straight-eight Heinie sight on my PT-145 Millennium Pro. It came off fine but like a dunce I over-tightened it putting it back on and one of the base "wings" broke off. It will still hold but is canted and must be replaced obviously. I contacted Taurus customer service (excellent, pleasant call) but they are out of stock and backordered with 6-8 week estimate. I had ordered a Williams Fire sight for my 78 year old eyes but they are back-ordered too. I am hoping some forum member has a straight-eight front sight that they replaced and would be willing to sell. TIA

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I tried to adjust the front straight-eight Heinie sight on my PT-145 Millennium Pro. It came off fine but like a dunce I over-tightened it putting it back on and one of the base "wings" broke off. It will still hold but is canted and must be replaced obviously. I contacted Taurus customer service (excellent, pleasant call) but they are out of stock and backordered with 6-8 week estimate. I had ordered a Williams Fire sight for my 78 year old eyes but they are back-ordered too. I am hoping some forum member has a straight-eight front sight that they replaced and would be willing to sell. TIA
Hi there!

Do you mean this little jewel? How desparate are you? I'll let you have it for an even $1,000.

Just kidding! I have no use for it. You can have it for nothing if it's what you need. Send me a PM with your info and I'll mail it if I can find a small enough box. ;)

PT sight.jpg

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Yep, I called Taurus CS last Nov trying to order the rear 2-dot sight for the PT145 to make the 3 dot sights for it but the rep said the sights were out of stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Marinevietvet1970, Sent you a PM with my info and a financing proposal. Thanks for your offer. I will "pay it forward" any chance I get. Taurus 10, thanks for the welcome. I almost ended up being born in Texas but that's another long, probably dull story.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hi Marinevietvet1970, Sent you a PM with my info and a financing proposal. Thanks for your offer. I will "pay it forward" any chance I get. Taurus 10, thanks for the welcome. I almost ended up being born in Texas but that's another long, probably dull story.
I mailed it earlier tonight.

So now it's in the hands of the USPS. <Gulp>

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
43 Posts

I have a 24/7 Pro DS. They use the same sights as the Millennium Pro. Forget about the Williams Firesights. The front sight is way, way too flimsy, as far as I am concerned, especially if you use it as a defense gun. Go to eBay, and these ARE in stock, March, 23, 2013, 12.10AM. CST, HiViz TR2009-G, Taurus 24/7 Overmold.
Front Pistol Sight - Green TR2009-G. It costs 39.99 I own a set of the Williams Firesights, and I will never use them. I bought a HiViz and installed it on my 24/7 Pro DS Titanium. It appears to be more durable. It looks better too. You will need a sight pusher, because it installs like most other front sights using dovetails. There is no set screw. If you do not have a sight pusher, then test fit. If too tight, it should be, use 1000 grit, and keep fitting. If you get it loose enough where you canThen center it and let it dry overnight.
The web page at eBay reads: The HiViz Illuminated Fiber Optic Family Taurus 24/7 and Millenium Pro Front Night Sight TR2009 drift it in the rest of the way, then you might want to use a drop of Loc-Tite (Blue) Removable. has a resin overmold. This Night Sight from Hiviz fits the Taurus PT 24/7, Taurus PT 111, Taurus PT 140 and Taurus PT 145 Millennium Pro pistols with dovetailed sights.

I see Marinevietvet1970 has you set up with a stock sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts