Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking around getting another 45 for my collection and stoped by Academy sports. They had one and it felt great I have an XD-9 that I like and a PT1911 that I love but would like to add a striker fired 45 with a safety to carry. I could not believe the price around $350 and the 45 pro for $299 how can you beat that i like the 24/7 style better it fits better and I believe has the second strike option. The two tone is just plain sharp. as I've been here on the forum for some time when I go to get it is there anything I need to look for. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
May I suggest the 845? I know it's not striker fired, but it is a niiiiice fit to the hand. I fondled one this weekend and it feels really good. The 800's have a deeper trigger finger indention than the 24/7. The rest of the grip is just as comfy as the 24/7. If I were to be in the market for another gun, I would have to seriously compare the 24/7 and the 800's.

(the website does not list the 845, but the catalog does. Here is the link to the 809)

·
Super Moderator
21,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to say Doc you got my attention looks pretty sharp and I do like the hammer much easier to identify if its cocked or not.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Doc...you probably fondled one at the NRA convention, correct?

These pistols won't be available until Sept. at the earliest and that will only be the 9mm version initially.

I wouldn't expect to see the 840 or 845 on shelves until the end of this year or early next. Hopefully I'm wrong since I really want an stainless slide 845.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yeah I am drooling over an 845 too...

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Yeah, I love the Hammer on the 809!! But the only one I asked about was the slim 709, from the rep I talked too. There was just too darn much to look at and time was so short. Unlike the Doc, I had only hours not 3 days at the show.

·
Super Moderator
21,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will it have a decocker on it along with the safety

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
45 Forever said:
Got to say Doc you got my attention looks pretty sharp and I do like the hammer much easier to identify if its cocked or not.
Now that I have you looking at the 845, before giving up on the 24/7, take a look at this thread ;D (http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6975.new#new)

45 Forever said:
Will it have a decocker on it along with the safety
Yes. The decocker on the 800 series works like the PT92. It is the same lever as the safety. All the way up is Safety On. Pull it all the way down to decock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts