Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the TZ 75 I bought 9-20-87 (hence pre-88) for $269.85, and am looking for 2 magazines for it. Pro-Mag CZ-A1 wedges in about 1" from the end of the mag, and the angle with the butt-plate is not the same. Someone said Cope's had some NOS. I'll call them tomorrow. Any other possible sources?

Thanks,

jrm

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
If they still fit the CZ75 mags CDNN Sports has them in both OEM, and Mec-Gar, under $30.00.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I believe a CZ magazine will work in the early Tanfoglio series weapons. The early TZ series weapons were directly compatible with the CZ 75 in a lot of parts, including the slide to frame fit and grips to some extent, so the magazines between the two should work. The later Witness line probably will not directly work.

·
Administrator
17,584 Posts
Typically, in the Pre-Series 88 Tanfoglio Pistols you need either the Pre-Series 88 Tanfoglio Magazines or Pre-B CZ75 Magazines.

Current Mec-Gar CZ75B Magazines and current EAA Witness Small Frame 9mm Magazines WILL NOT work.

There is however some controversy about this!

We have a thread discussing this over in the Clone Section of czfirearms: Is the Tanfoglio TZ-75, 9mm similar to the CZ-75?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts