Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to trade for a Taurus .44 special with 3 or 4 inch barrel, either SS or blue....

My tradeable is a beautiful High Standard Sport King in 22 LR, six inch barrel. This firearm is outstanding in its condition for its age.

Comes with 3 magazines that sell for around $30 apiece, also has two leather holsters.

The HS .22 LR is so accurate you can perforate a little cardboard .22 cart. box with a magazine of cartridges at 30 feet...I did.

The barrel is easy on off in case you ever want to attach a shorter 4 inch barrel. Has thumb release button in front of the trigger guard.

Trigger is extremely lite, don't put your finger to it until you're ready to fire.

Here is some pictures, lets see yours of the M-44 special. The gun I'm looking for must be in very good condition and not have any mechanical problems.

I'm offering a good tradeable, not a beater.

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
6,762 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steelheart, thanks for the headsup, but will hold out for a trade.

However, if someone were to buy it from me for say $395. plus FFL shipping, I'd take a crack at those two on gunbroker.com .

TB C45

·
Registered
111 Posts
anybody looking for a target grade 22 pistol this is a good one I have about the same thing HS Supermatic Citation w/ 5" bull barrel and at 100 yds it will shoot very tight groups and the trigger pull is adjustable with a screw on the rear of the frame from 1 lb to about 5 lbs. Sure wish I had a 44 to trade with you.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, frostyeyes...for the atta boy on the High Standard Sport King.

The older original HS pistols are the best and most accurate. I was amazed at how good it shot for me, so was my gun buddy friend who was with me. His eyes kind of bugged out after seeing me riddle that little cardboard .22 cartridge box as fast as a semi-auto 10/22.

But this gun is not getting any range use for many years, getting too old to shoot my small collection of goodies.

If I don't trade it off, I will give it along with the rest of my stuff to my oldest son. Even if I do trade, he'll still make out.

Jim

·
Administrator
39,384 Posts
I have a High Stardard pistol exactly like yours Tracker Backer C45. It's a pleasure to plink with. Wish I knew how old it is. :shooter:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smokewagon said:
I have a High Stardard pistol exactly like yours Tracker Backer C45. It's a pleasure to plink with. Wish I knew how old it is. :shooter:
=======================================

Smokewagon, I bought that gun back in the early 1980s, and by the brass emblem on the grips likely denotes its probably older by 10 to 15 years prior to my purchase date...but that is only a guestimate.

Frostyeyes, you are 100 % correct on the trigger adjustment screw under the left grip panel. I was able to reduce the ultra lite 1 lb. trigger pull back up to approximately 5 pounds. Only had to turn the little screw about 1/4 of a turn....that is a very neat feature to learn about from you, thanks.

50/50, it is a mucho fun pistol to shoot, would be even better for hunting in the field...extremely accurate piece.

Jim

·
Administrator
39,384 Posts
Great! Mine comes from 1961 to 1970. Bought it used in 1975.

Now, what's it worth? ;D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Parisite, thanks for the HS link.

My gun is a 103 series, serial number 2059XXX.

I think I've located it at 1973 to 1975 as to a birthdate.

You have a swell collection of HS pistols there.

TB C45

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks.......TrackerBacker didn't want or intend to take your thread over.
Hope you go ahead and find somebody who wants to make a trade.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm starting to have second thoughts about selling or trading my HS Sport King for a Taurus .44 special.

I don't really have to have a T - .44 special, and once the HS Sport King is gone there won't be another one in my lifetime.

The gun has set in my safe for ages not being used, but will try and make it to the range before winter shows up.

It is a delight to hold that neat shaped grip in my hand, it is such a natural pointing firearm...its a lot better than any Colt, Ruger, or other .22 in that regard.

I'm just a wimsical old cooter who doesn't really know that he's got it pretty good with what he's got...and should be glad he's got 'em.

My oldest son left today, after spending a few days with us. He went back to Virginia where he and his wife live. I made sure he had a remembrence of this visit by giving him my original boxed set Randall 1911 model .45 acp...the first 1911 model that was made in SS. He's a happy camper.

Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tracker Backer C45 said:
My oldest son left today, after spending a few days with us. He went back to Virginia where he and his wife live. I made sure he had a remembrence of this visit by giving him my original boxed set Randall 1911 model .45 acp...the first 1911 model that was made in SS. He's a happy camper.

Jim
If that's all it takes...

"Hi, Dad! I'll be over for supper tonight!"

Just kidding...

I think you've answered your own question. Either keep it for yourself or your family; guns like that don't come along every day, and in fact, are becoming more and more "rare" so to speak. Beautiful .22 there...I hope you/your sons enjoy it for many years to come.

Preacher_man

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You come on by for supper, we's need someone to help us eat all this crow and squirel meat...and you can do the dishes.

Just when I resign myself to not trade the .22 HS, another deal pops up on another forum. But the trade is for a Dillon 550-B press, not the .22 pistol.

The gun is a blue four inch model #441 in box that has only been test fired. ;D

I'm scaling back on my reloading gear which is a small hoard, and don't use half of it anymore. My gunny son from Virginia doesn't do reloading and has no interest in it. :'(

Jim

Note: More information on the blue model 441, it has a major rust zit on the frame about the size of a match head. When I brought this up to seller communications ceased. Guess we don't have a trade deal after all???

But all is not lost, found another model 441 with a three inch barrel yet, sent a money order for it...next is FEDEX move to bring it home.

TB C45

=========================================================

Ha! The blue .44 spl. Taurus may be back on the trading or selling block...communications have been restored -- for the moment anyway...won't hold my breath on it going through.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts