Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a PT-101-P (Academy Special) and would like to put rubber grips on it. Hogue doesn't list anything for the 101 or 101-P.

Also, do you know if Taurus honors second hand ownership for the lifetime warranty or is it first time new buyer only? This beauty only had about one box run through it and has the original papers, box, nylong brush, keys, etc., all in great condition. Picked it up for $277.00 with spare mag. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Buy the grips for the PT92, they fit perfect. I also have a PT101P and have installed the Hogue grips. Keep in mind that this only applies to the side rubber panel grips, due to the finger grooves being cast into the metal frame of the P series.
Taurus give the gun/pistol a lifetime warranty..period. Doesn't matter if you are the original owner or the 10th, the gun is under warranty.
Buy the way, you got a great price on your PT101P. I paid $350 for a like example as equal to yours with in the last 8 weeks. I wouldn't trade it for anything at this point, it fires great and fits the hand perfect.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Those 92 grips seem to be a universal fit for the 900 series pistols, and any variations on the original 92's like the 99's and the 101 you have. Beware that the original Taurus griips have a rather thin profile along the sides, and they can usually be found for about $5 in your local LGS. But the Hogue's for a 92 should do you well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts