Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking to pick up either the black 65 or 66 with 4 inch barrels, does anyone see these revolvers going anywhere?

·
23,195 Posts
What do you mean by "going anywhere?" It's a model Taurus has been making for ages. They aren't hard to find on line if you like the new matte Taurus revolver finish. If you're like me and prefer the polished blue, you can find those too, but it will take a little longer. It's not too difficult though, and worth the effort. It's a darn good revolver.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
32,759 Posts
www.gunbroker.com has some for sale in blue. www.gunsamerica.com has a few as well.

The 65 and 66 are fine revolvers. I have 2 model 66s (old and new) and a model 65 (old). All are giving sterling service.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you mean by "going anywhere?" It's a model Taurus has been making for ages. They aren't hard to find on line if you like the new matte Taurus revolver finish. If you're like me and prefer the polished blue, you can find those too, but it will take a little longer. It's not too difficult though, and worth the effort. It's a darn good revolver.
What I met by are they going anywhere are they popular?

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts

·
23,195 Posts
Before I got mine, I checked this subforum; you hardly ever hear anything but high praise for them. They are solid, accurate, popular revolvers.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
This website covers the inventory of many pawn shops across the country. Good selection of firearms:

https://www.buya.com/

Happy shopping!

·
23,195 Posts
Oh, you're a bad, bad man, nevadabob. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
345 Posts
So looking to pick up either the black 65 or 66 with 4 inch barrels, does anyone see these revolvers going anywhere?
Thanks for the heads up. Not interested in stainless though.
Back (nearly 2 years) when I too, was "looking for a new purchase" I chose a Taurus 66 4" in stainless steel. I'm not sure I could be more pleased! They are very popular indeed. As implied in another reply, they've been around for quite a while and with good reason. Time tested design and solid performance. A true classic :cool:.

RE: "Not interested in stainless though", once out of the shipping box, that black matte finish will quickly begin to "unimpress" you and you will become interested in just about any other finish:eek:. If SS just isn't your thing, shop around for an older model with the glossy blued finish. Pretty sure those will be 6 shot models opposed to the newer 7 shot models.
Flex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts