Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie, I just bought a Taurus PT640 model. I tried searching through this forum and Taurus' official website, how come I don't see this model? Is this a real Taurus gun?

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!

Well, I'm not aware of any knock-offs but I suspect that its one of the older models. Why don't you tell us about it It would be nice if you could post a picture of your gun as well and we'll try to help you out with it.

Also, not to be insulting, where are you located? Sometimes Taurus had different models for different parts of the world. For example, recently in the Revolver section someone asked for help trying to find a part of a sight for a Model 90. We had never heard of a M90. When the gentleman called Taurus in Miami they had no idea, until he mentioned that he lives in Canada. Then it started to make some kind of sense.

Steelheart

·
32,481 Posts
PT 640

Calibre: .40
Nº de tiros: 11+1
Cano: 84 mm
Comprimento: 156 mm
Peso: 670 g
Acabamento: Oxidado ou em aço inox
Corpo: Polímero
Miras fixas, sistema de 3 pontos

The picture didn't come with this, but the details have. According to the picture and litany, the 640 is a police pistol known as the PT640 and is a compact similar to the PT140. POLICE is stamped on the barrel. Police pistols are sold to the police only for the most part.

This was, or is not, an imported model into the U.S.A.,so this is outside U.S.A. borders.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2458.0 has contact points for the overseas office by e-mail. This is Portugese though.

There is a factory rep,Richard From Taurus, holding court in the Member Introduction board. He may be of service, but how much cannot be ascertained at this point.

That's all that can be done for now.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think this pistol could have a fascinating history if it could only talk. I'd love to here where it came from, being what it is there could even be extra value to it, never know :)

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
As was commented on above, its looks like (from the pics) a Mill Pro variant. Hopefully someone here with a similar model can comment more.

Steelheart

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm nelsito from Manila, a newbie in this site and I also own a Taurus PT640 PRO which I bought second hand from a friend a few weeks back...I've been searching the net as well for materials, reviews, info, pics and even an owner's manual but all I seem to get are articles in Portuguese! :???:

If anyone has further info or links (in English please!) on the 640 & 640 PRO I'd really appreciate it if you can share it with me by sending me a PM or emailing it to me at [email protected]

I specially need a copy of the 640/PRO owner's manual! :'(

Hope to hear from you guys....thanks and safe shooting ahead! ;)

Nelsito

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Roblamont80,

After comparing pictures with my PT640 PRO I think its more of a mix or hybrid with the PT140 and the 24/7 C....

Barrel length of 640: 3.3"
Barrel length of 140: 3 1/4"

Gun length of 640: 6.14"
Gun length of 140: 6 1/8"

Weight of 640: 23.6 ounces
Weight of 24/7C: 25.4 ounces

Rail-ready 640: yes
Rail-ready 24/7C: yes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts