Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok sorry if this is a noob question but here it goes. I just bought a PT111 G2 and I am surfing the web for a decent IWB holster for around $40 give or take a few bucks. On some sites I am finding that it says for PT 111 gen 1. Will this holster work for my G2? Seems like there is not a lot of holsters out there yet for the G2 except universal. I was looking at the old faithful put it together yourself for $40 but it says for Gen 1. Any help and suggestions on holsters are appreciated.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Try one for the PT145 Mil-Pro. The dimensions with the rail on the dust cover are about the same.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Look at REMORA or HIGH NOON. If your model is not listed, email or phone them and they will both get right back to you.

The REMORA's have no belt clip, and are held into place by friction. I personally like the Remora's with the full sweat shield option.

The High Noon holsters have one of the best belt clips in the indistry. Look at the SPLIT DECISION if you want a tuckable, or a Mr. Softy IWB

REMORA
Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster

HIGH NOON;
High Noon Holsters

High Noon IWB:
Inside The Waistband

High Noon Mr. Softy IWB:
Mr Softy

High Noon Split Decision Tuckable (my favorite)
Split Decision

·
Registered
116 Posts
desantis soft tuck holster is pretty good. you can kant it for front and back positions. IMG_0191.jpg IMG_0192.jpg I think I paid $26 from shoot straight for this holster. works great

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I use a DeSantis Sof-Tuck (under $30) for the lightness mainly because of the adjustable cant. It is also tuckable but has no sweat shield. TexasDeputy's selections are outstanding.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
One issue with the DeSantis SofTuck and TuckThis II series of IWB holsters is the belt clip.

The belt clip actually goes over the waist of the pants and behind the belt, with a small upward piece that grabs the belt from below, holding the DeSantis holsters in place while the weapon is drawn. While very concealable, this design puts the weight of the pistol on the soft fabric of the pants waist rather than the more rigid belt, like better designs. The problem is that even with small lightweight pistols such as the 709, 740, LC9, and Shield, the waist on the pants tends to droop under the weight of the pistol, with the bottom edge of the belt clip actually being substantially below the bottom edge of the belt.

This DeSantis belt clip is sometimes referred to as a reverse "J" clip, with the body of the "J" behind the belt, and the bottom of the "J" being where the bottom edge of the belt is supposed to sit.

Some makers make a similar concealable belt clip called a "C" clip, where the belt goes through the "C", with the back of the "C" being behind the belt, and the top and bottom of the "C" bracketing the belt; this "C" clip is almost invisible when worn, because the belt is what shows, not a metal clip.

High Noon uses a "J" clip that goes over the belt, and then turns up under the belt from the outside; this is very secure when drawing, and puts the weight on the stiff belt. When using a wide black belt, the belt clip is well camouflaged black on black.

Some other common belt clips, sometimes called "K" clips, go over the belt and secures like the "J" clip, but then turns outward with the bottom edge of the belt clip facing outward. These are easy to mount and dismount from the belt, BUT have a reputation for snagging on upholstery; more than one car seat has been ripped when someone with an IWB holster with this type of belt clip slid into our out of a car. Some people plastic coat or electrical tape the sharp outside edge of the "K" in order to minimize the chance of upholstery damage.

Holsters such as the Remora and Sticky (stickyholsters.com) are clipless and depend on a high friction surface to hold the holster in place. While videos show users doing acrobatics with the filled holster staying in place, there have also been several documented cases of holsters sliding down a pants leg or otherwise shifting.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Most experienced CCers say you will end up with several before you settle on 'your' ideal IWB.
Blackhawk #5 will be a good starter. $15 at most stores. Maybe less on Fleabay.
Then you might have a better idea of what features you really want.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tommy Theis (Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters)makes a nice holster for the G2 (another poster mentioned in a recent thread this weekend). He's a supporting member, has GREAT service and a GREAT product. You can also look at N82's original or tuckable version (index). They are really comfortable and a different design, and have good service too. Plus they are about 30-40min from my house so I like to support local biz. Just 2 options for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That will work for the PT111 G2 TopGunRMNP? That is the other company that I am going to call tomorrow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe that is will work with all PT models, the specific dimensions of the 2014 G2's i don't have at hand, but you can find them on the bottom of the 2014 Taurus catalog on their site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts