Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Mrs Dez decided it was time for new floors in our house so EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) had to come out of the house including my Gun Room / Man Cave / Storage Area.

In hind sight it was probably a good idea my room was getting cluttered and the storage aspect of the room was beginning to take over!

Anytime anyone had anything they didn't quite know what to do with, it ended up in MY gun room.

So after everything was removed, sorted, culled, and reorganized. I now have an empty gun room and an ambition to completely redo it.

No more folding tables, no more boxes, no more disorganized work surfaces, and no more clutter!

I want to finally get my gun safe and ammo locker up stairs into my gun room. I want enclosed storage, I want to maintain easy access to my tools and supplies, but I want to keep it organized.

Its going to be a slow process as the new floors took the majority of the house improvement fund, it's tax time (and Uncle Sugar doesn't wait), and I still have gun and ammo I want to buy.:p

So first things first, I need to paint, it's been a good long time since the walls in my gun room has seen fresh paint. No problem there as we painted the kitchen last Aug and we still have paint left over.

Next will be some kind of storage and a work surface.

After that?

That's were I draw a blank.

So so help me out guys, post up some pics of your gun/reloading rooms, or other areas you use to facilitate this addition!

Maybe be it will inspire me. Hopefully I can find some cool things to incorporate. Or maybe I'll see something I can change up a little and make work for me.

Thanks in advance guy!

Dez

Reactions: leejack and Sekol

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Okay, Dez, I see you just recently joined Taurus Armed. You have opened a can of worms. You're gonna get some good ideas, but you're also gonna get some wild, wacky and totally impractical ideas that'll have you shaking you head. And some "why didn't I think of that before" suggestions. Settle back, fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride. This might be a fun thread.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, Dez, I see you just recently joined Taurus Armed. You have opened a can of worms. You're gonna get some good ideas, but you're also gonna get some wild, wacky and totally impractical ideas that'll have you shaking you head. And some "why didn't I think of that before" suggestions. Settle back, fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride. This might be a fun thread.

LOL! I'm good with that.

The destination is just the completion of a journey.

It's the ride that's fun.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I don't have a reloading/gun room, but if you want a little organization...

IMG_20150101_225707.JPG

I found this on YouTube via Jay Bates' channel. He built it for his wife's shoe collection, but the idea could be used for a lot! I keep my gun cleaning kit in a similar bin. I imagine brass could be easily kept in them without an issue. Paint it Olive Drab if ya want to add some cool manly factor lol

Creek

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
The only way I have been able to keep things from piling up on a table is to build it like a pyramid.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,882 Posts
Dez

You sound like you ride?

snoopy bike 3.gif

Old kitchen cabinets, work. A wall locker is a good solution if space is a priority. I picked up a craftsman work bench worth the money at a yard sale. I've seen presses bolted to kitchen tables, I wouldn't recommend that if you are married :D
The possibilities are endless.

Reactions: Dezfan

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,882 Posts
IMG_0090.jpg

This works at my house

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have a reloading/gun room, but if you want a little organization...

View attachment 105271

I found this on YouTube via Jay Bates' channel. He built it for his wife's shoe collection, but the idea could be used for a lot! I keep my gun cleaning kit in a similar bin. I imagine brass could be easily kept in them without an issue. Paint it Olive Drab if ya want to add some cool manly factor lol

Creek

I like this concept!

Thanks!

Dez

You sound like you ride?

View attachment 105272

Old kitchen cabinets, work. A wall locker is a good solution if space is a priority. I picked up a craftsman work bench worth the money at a yard sale. I've seen presses bolted to kitchen tables, I wouldn't recommend that if you are married :D
The possibilities are endless.
Not anymore, but maybe after Jr. finished college?

Kitchen cabinets? Hmmmm, I have a Habitat for Humanity come by. That might be a possibility.

Thanks!

Keep em coming guys.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A lot of people here have said good things about the wood workbench at Harbor Freight.
60 in. 4 Drawer Hardwood Workbench
I actually looked at one of these, not bad, but I wanted a slightly larger work station.

Thanks.

Cool, wish I still had a nice rolling toolbox.

Appreciate your input.

During construction and finished.

Sorry Airwrench, all I'm seeing are little blue boxes.

·
Registered
14,649 Posts
If you want a good stable workbench then build the one you want. Make it with a 2x6 frame and 2x4 legs. you can make a section with drawers and even add electrical outlets to it. It's really not that hard to do. Use High density particle board for the top and drawers and coat it in polyurethane (at least 4 coats) and It'll be indestructible.

·
21,943 Posts
Dezfan I thought you would notice the cabinets before the little blue boxes.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
My house is my "gun room". #happilysingle

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
You could hang some pictures in the man cave!

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts