Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a S&W model 65 stainless the other day - this was the first gun I ever owned, and I've always wished I hadn't traded it in, and swore I'd get one if I found it again. I'd like to get another to have a matched pair at some point......anyway, I'm looking for a grip that would lend itself to concealability but finding a boot grip or shorter grip for a square butt K frame is a bit tricky. I really like the Hogue Bantam series, but from what I can see, they are only for round butt revolvers. Eagle grips makes the Secret Service grips, and they do list a K frame square butt, however they don't have a picture of it. If anybody has any experience or ideas on this, I'd like to hear them. Pics would be a plus. Again, I'm really looking for something that I could use in an IWB that isn't too long. Thanks everybody !!

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks technoid, I'll probably be buying a set of Eagle Secret Service grips - I'll post a picture of them hen I get them. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I used to carry a Model 19 with a 4" bbl, and a set of Pachmayr Presentation grips, in a Bianchi pancake holster. The gun concealed very well, for me, under a sport jacket or suit. It also worked well under a Hawaiian shirt. Of course, I was only about 175#. Now, at 215, it might not work so well.
The Pachmayr grips were a bit thinner, or narrower, than the Magna target grips that came with the gun.

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm.....I haven't seen 215 in a long, long time.... :p it currently has the Hogue monogrips on it, and this would be okay, I was just looking for something to smooth out the butt....thanks Mikeo

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the Monogrips on my Taurus 605. I absolutely love the control I get with them.

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK guys, I just ordered the K frame square butt Eagle Secret Service grips in Ebony. Can't wait to get them, I'll post a pic of them after I do......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts