Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone with the original battery installed. Initially the charge dropped from 100% at 5:30 AM to 25-35% by 5:30 PM with maybe a half dozen phone calls and one or two Google Map inquiries. Lately the charge has been dropping faster in less time. Yesterday it went from 100% in the morning to 1% at 5:40 PM. Yikes! When I'm on call and my smartphone is my only means of being contacted, this is not good.

I'm shopping for an aftermarket battery. Does anyone have any recommendations and/or experiences to share? There is an Interstate Battery store a couple of miles from my place, and they advertise smartphone batteries. Advice and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Generally the local battery stores charge high retail for smart phone batteries.

We have 3 phones same model as yours, and bought extra batteries on eBay.

While there are some counterfeit knockoffs, generally the Samsung OEM batteries are good. Look at the mah ratings as well. There are several aftermarket batteries that have a greater capacity then the original batteries. You might want to give the edge to US sellers due to faster delivery than most of the Chinese sellers.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Batteries + if you have one. I had an S3 and it did the same thing after two years steady use. I swapped it for a Samsung Note 3 this time last year, which was a significant step up. Battery was better, too.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I don't know the Galaxy, but I had an iPhone battery replaced recently and sent it off with Apple. My daughter had an iPad worked on (she cracked the screen) at a local computer repair place.

My recommendation is take it to a place that does a lot of them. They can really screw things up if they aren't sure what they are doing.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Never seen much battery life with android if used for anything besides talking. I typically got 1 to 1 1/4 days not using mine all that much. The same amount of usage with my old iphone 4s gives me a solid 3 days; could probably push 3 1/2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts