Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a new EDC

Hi,

I've been away from handguns for a while (had to sell them - financial reasons :(). Now that I am in a "better place" financially, I have been looking for another EDC. Before all the financial things happened, I carried a 709 slim and had a .22 M&P for practice sessions. The 709 was a great handgun for me, it concealed well and it "felt" good in the hand. I have already purchased another .22 (Ruger - SR22) for practice, but I find myself wanting another 9mm EDC handgun. I have a SCCY CPX-2 that has (so far) worked pretty good. I am considering the Millennium G2 as a replacement for the CPX-2 for this roll. However, there are NO shooting ranges in my area that rent the G2. I have read a lot of the threads here and it seems like a real reliable handgun. I just might have to get me one!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a G2. I had the first version and really enjoyed it. Is there a range in your area? Maybe you can ask the staff if they know anybody in the area that has one and would let you try it or even rent it. If the have a store and are trying to make a sale, they maybe motivated to assist you in getting some trigger time on it.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Lots of good EDCC pistols at really low prices right now. G2 has been running $239 local for quite a while, 709 $219, Kahr Cw and CM series running about $250 depending on the sale. I picked up a Taurus Model 445 snubby in .44 Special just last year for $290. Poly Model 85 in white and black for $250 are common on sale.

All are good choices, made better by the low prices.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
If you can at least get your hands on one to see how it fells i would do that. If it feels good go for it. I would be confident in its performance based on all the reports here.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Nothing but good things about the G2 from me. I love mine and it is my EDC. I'm closing in on 1000 rounds down the pipe with no major issues to report.

However not everyone's hands are the same. At least try and handle one before you buy.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Hi,

I've been away from handguns for a while (had to sell them - financial reasons :(). Now that I am in a "better place" financially, I have been looking for another EDC. Before all the financial things happened, I carried a 709 slim and had a .22 M&P for practice sessions. The 709 was a great handgun for me, it concealed well and it "felt" good in the hand. I have already purchased another .22 (Ruger - SR22) for practice, but I find myself wanting another 9mm EDC handgun. I have a SCCY CPX-2 that has (so far) worked pretty good. I am considering the Millennium G2 as a replacement for the CPX-2 for this roll. However, there are NO shooting ranges in my area that rent the G2. I have read a lot of the threads here and it seems like a real reliable handgun. I just might have to get me one!!! ;)
The SCCY CPX-2 is easier to carry due to its compact size and light weight. The Millennium PT111 G2 is a better gun and also is a great CCW. You can't go wrong with the PT111 G2.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions :). I will be trying to find someone in my local area that frequents the same shooting range as I do. I will also talk to the sales people at the range to see if they know anyone that might let me try theirs. Unfortunately, there are not many shooting ranges in my local are. Also, the range/gun shop that I shoot at, don't sell Taurus firearms :(. These are ALL great suggestion!!!

Thank you all

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Hopefully you'll find someone that will let you play with their G2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts