Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a very old topic but a new one for me. Looking for advice on replacement of my Rem. 700 trigger. I received an email from Rem. asking me to return my 700 for trigger replacement. I called them today to find out the scoop. As part of the settlement they had a mandatory recall on the walker trigger. My rifle according to Rem. does not have the walker trigger but settlement stipulates that owners can still send in their rifles to have the updated trigger installed at no charge. Gun smith I spoke with said it is a decent trigger one that is in all the newest Remington's. Should I send back for the updated trigger? Anyone have experience with the newest trigger good or bad?

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After much consideration I decided to send it back to Remington. Took them one week to get it back to me. Let me just say WOW !!! The new trigger that they installed is incredibly smooth and light with very clean break. Way better than the original trigger.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm glad you decided to go ahead and get it done. Whether you had the affected trigger or not, better safe than sorry. I've personally witnessed one of the bad triggers when a friend had his rifle fire while loading his rifle for a hunt. Finger was off the trigger and the safety was on and it went bang as soon as he locked the breech. Thankfully, he was following the rules of gun safety and had it pointed away from anyone and at the dirt.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad you decided to go ahead and get it done. Whether you had the affected trigger or not, better safe than sorry. I've personally witnessed one of the bad triggers when a friend had his rifle fire while loading his rifle for a hunt. Finger was off the trigger and the safety was on and it went bang as soon as he locked the breech. Thankfully, he was following the rules of gun safety and had it pointed away from anyone and at the dirt.
Figured the same thing better safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts